81

The hall was filled with chatter. It seemed like everyone was enjoying their time.

Angelina stared at Alice, completely dumbfounded. Alice was beside her devouring a who cake! It seems she has quiet an addiction to it...

Angelina is confused. She couldn't help but wonder how Alice wasn't overweight from the amount of cake she was eating.

Angelina's eyes shifted to the direction of the wife's table. Her gaze immediately fell on Marchioness Bailey.

The Marchioness was quietly sipping her tea. Angelina sighed in her heart. The Marchioness as cold as ever.

Just as she thought this, she noticed the Marchioness's gaze fell upon her.

Remembering the Marchioness's cold eyes when she was imprisoned, Angelina unconsciously averted her eyes and avoided the Marchioness's gaze.

"Arianna, how are you enjoying the food?"

Angelina turned to her right and saw Marchioness Chandler talking to Arianna.

"It's not bad at all, mother. Is there something you need...?" Arianna patiently waited for her stepmother's response.

"Haha. It is my honor to know how much you care about me." Marchioness Chandler laughed.

Then she added, "I just wanted to talk to you. Nothing much. Apologies If I bothered you, dear"

"Mother isn't bothering this daughter at all. This daughter is more than happy to chat with mother" Although Arianna wasn't smiling, it was clear there was a hint of a smile in her eyes.

Angelina was quite shocked. She didn't expect Arianna to be close to her stepmother.

After Marchioness Chandler went back to her seat, Angelina turned to Arianna and asked,

"Is my lady close with the Marchioness?"

"Of course. She is a very kind person. She is always helping me" Arianna replied.

"Is that so..." Angelina furrowed her brows. It looked like a normal conversation at first glance, but Angelina felt that something was strange.

But looking at Arianna's face that wasn't filled with a single trace of worry, she sighed and shrugged off her small suspicion.

"Is something wrong..?" Arianna asked politely.

"No no. This one is merely surprised." Angelina gave her a reassuring smile.

"Alright then" Arianna seemed to have believed her.

**********************
After a while, all the married ladies returned to the main hall.

The Emperor and Empress sat on their grand throne, as they looked down on the people below them.

Angelina stayed with her usual circle. Accompanying her was Alice, Rienne, Arianna, and some other daughters of nobles.

But there was something quite odd. There was a new person sitting at their table.

"Pardon me for asking but....why in the world is she here!?" Riemme had to go back herself from screaming.

"Lady Rienne, forgive me for disrupting you. I Know you don't like me..." Evelina's teary eyes made her look extremely pityful.

But unfortunately for her, Evelina failed in gaining pity. As most of the people at their table were ladies who hated Evelina.

"Lady Rienne, please refrain from clashing with lady Evelina. Despite your dislike towards her" the lady who didn't dislike Evelina, the one who brought her to their table in the first place, pleased with Rienne.