TWENTY SIX: Can We Talk

"Kai you need to shut up!" I whined as Kai pranced around the room with my new dresses.

"Oh look at me, I'm Sophia, look at my new pretty dress, look at my new pretty hair, everyone just look at me being all pretty" Kai twirled around the room holding my dress to his body and fake flipping his hair.

"Stop!" I whined and rushed up to grab my dress out of his hands.

Stacey and I went shopping yesterday and got our hair done. All I did was add a little bit of highlights and cut off a couple of inches and Kai is acting like I got plastic surgery.

"That's it, I'm not wearing it!" I placed the beautiful red silk dress back on my bed and picked up the black midi dress.

"No, wear the red one!" Kai picked the silk dress back up and held it out towards me.

"It's too much, I just want to blend into the background!" I turned towards the wardrobe in my room and put the black dress on a hanger and the red dress in its bag.

"Soph, you could never blend into the background so you may as well just stand out as much as you can." He leant against the doorframe and shrugged "you'll never be able to outshine me so don't worry about it!" He added with a huge chuckle.

I rolled my eyes but chuckled along with him.

"Oh you are a humble one Mr. Storm" I pushed his shoulder as I left my room and made my way down to the living area.

Catherines birthday was three days away and I was so busy trying to finish her gift. I'd hardly left the house since going shopping with Stacey.

While out shopping I had remembered Catherine talking about a blanket she wanted from a local crafts shop. They unfortunately had none left in stock and wouldn't be receiving another load for a couple of weeks. I didn't really know what else she would like as we haven't had a lot of time together so I just decided that I was going to make her one.

It was so hard finding enough wool in the size we needed but here I was, using my arms to knit a chunky wool blanket.

"I still can't believe you are making my mother a present." Kai chuckled as he sat on the couch behind me.

"Well I didnt know what size she was in rings and I dont know what type of jewellery she likes or what perfume she wears so I just thought that she would like a hand made gift, is it a bad idea though should I stop?!" I rambled on nervously as Kai continued to laugh at me.

"Soph, calm down, she will love it." He said quickly, trying to calm my nerves.

"I just meant that you didn't have to get her anything but I'm sure she will love it!" He chuckled but was soon silent as he gazed to the door.

"I should probably head off..." He rose from his chair slowly with a small sigh.

"Why? I thought you had the day off from..." My sentence was cut off as a waft of Calebs scent filled my nose.

"Oh, that's why." I rolled my eyes.

Caleb was still a little jealous of the amount of time Kai and I spend together.

"It's easier if I just go before he gets all cranky and protective over you." Kai rolled his eyes too at his little brothers confusing behaviour.

I walked Kai to the door and just after he opened it and before he could step through, I pulled him into a tight hug. Knowing that Caleb was at the bottom of the stairs and could see.

"Oh goddess your cheeky" Kai chuckled into my ear.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I acted innocent as we let go of each other and he made his way down the steps.