FIFTEEN: Confront My Mate

I let the cool water from the shower wash away all of the substances on my skin from last night.

I winced as a subtle pain erupted in my lower region.

It would take a couple of days until my heat was all over.

I lathered shampoo into my hair as I thought about everything that happened with Eric last night.

*last night*

"Let's do this"

I pushed Eric against the wall with everything I had in me.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up and pushed me against the wall of the shower.

He took slow and steady breaths as he put his forehead against mine.

Just as he was moving forward to kiss me, I turned my head to the side and turned the cold water on.

Startled, Eric dropped me.

I let out a loud groan as the heat burned through me and my butt ached.

"How do you know about Ruby?" I groaned out as he slid down the other wall in the shower. Keeping away from the cold water that fell on me.

He locked eyes with me for a brief moment but looked away quickly and ignored my question.

"Eric" I sternly called out "I need to know what you know" I begged as I reach over and placed my hand on his leg.

He looked from my hand to my eyes a few times before sighing and adjusting his position.

"Well it's an incredibly long story," he said as he rubbed his temples slowly "and now that I know you're connected to the Storm brothers, I don't think you want to know" he added with a sigh.

We both sat there in silence, thinking about the new things we had just figured out.

At the same time, we both abruptly sat up and said similar things in shock.

"Oh gosh, you're not his mate are you?"

"Is Ruby your mate?!"

Again, a few seconds of silence as we waited for each other to speak.

"Wait, did you just ask me if Ruby is my mate?" He asked with a disgusted expression.

"Yeah, I did"I replied as I placed my back against the cold wall to let the water cool me off a bit.

"F*ck no!" He groaned out with a screwed up face, "she's my cousin, well she's like my sister because my parents raised her after..." he paused, thinking about his words.

I winced as pained aired through my body again and before I could ask Eric to continue, he took the opportunity to change the subject.

"What can I do to ease your pain a Sophia, I want to help," he said as he crawled towards my curled up form.

He crawled over me, placing one hand on my cheek and one hand on the wall next to my head.

I could see the list in his eyes, my scent must be driving him crazy.

I wanted a release... I needed a release...

"I'm not having sex with you Eric, don't even try" I warned as he brought his face close to mine.

I wouldn't give in to the heat.