TWENTY FOUR: Practice Makes Perfect

"Wyatt! Cut it out!" Bri wined as Wyatt splashed everyone again.

I rolled my eyes at my twin and went back to the chat I was having with my mother.

"I'm so glad you have been having a little more freedom to be yourself here darling." My mother and I were just sitting waist deep in the lake, soaking up the sun.

"It has made such a difference to my strength and my wolf, I just feel so alive here." I explained, splashing my feet in awe of my surroundings.

"I'm assuming it hasn't all been sunshine and rainbows though" she questioned worryingly.

"It definitely hasn't but lets save that chat for another time and just ignore all of that for a while" I replied with a small shrug.

"Well how are you and Caleb? Have you been able to talk to him since that mutt left?" She asked softly, grimacing at the thought of Ruby.

Luckily for all of us, Ruby was removed from the pack grounds last night. For some strange reason, I've felt so much more relax with her being out of the pack. As soon as I knew she was leaving, my entire body felt so much more relaxed and at peace.

"We haven't really had a chance" I shook my head and rested it on top of my knees.

"I think he is just giving me some space" I added with a shrug.

"Do you want space or do you want to talk to him?" She asked quietly, looking over to Caleb.

I followed her gaze and gazed upon Caleb, Kai and Wade having an intense discussion.

He was still shirtless and glistening with droplets covering his skin.

My heart clenched a little and I uncontrollably clenched my legs together.

'Calm down you animal'

I scolded my wolf as she purred in my head at the sight of Caleb.

Caleb's eyebrows forward slightly and he started to sniff the air.

His head snapped towards me and his intense stare locked with mine.

I slowly bit my lip and clenched my legs tighter.

I huffed slightly, annoyed at this crazy mate bond effecting my hormones.

I glanced back up for a moment to catch Caleb licking his lips and smirking softly before going back to focusing on Wade and his brother.

"This sh*t is going to drive me crazy!" I rolled my eyes and splashed some water on my body, cooling me down.

I could here my mother chuckling from besides me, probably knowing exactly why I was acting this way.

"I think I'm gonna go for a swim and cool off" I threw my sunglasses to the side and made my way into the water.

I swam out until I was in a deep area I turned to look at the view of the beautiful cabin and my family.

They all seemed to love it here. They were all so much more relaxed and comfortable than they ever were at home.

I caught site of a familiar head floating in my direction.

I took in a sharp breath and hid some of my face under the water, making sure my nose was out so I could breath.

"Is it ok if I swim closer to you?" He asked softly.

"I don't think that would be a good idea... someone might get cranky" I chuckled softly as I looked behind Kai to see Caleb watching us with an intense gaze.