TWENTY SEVEN: Butterlfies

I nervously held up the soft silk fabric in my hands.

I held it up to my body, looking at myself in the mirror and breathing anxiously.

My hair was styled and curled. It fell down my back and Stacey gave me two braid holding hair back from my face that connected behind my head. I had on a beautiful but subtle layer of makeup with a soft red lip.

I felt pretty.

"I knew you'd pick the red one." Stacey chimed from her bedroom door. She was dressed in deep purple chiffon dress that sat just below her knee. Her strawberry blonde hair was in a high pony and she wore beautiful gold jewellery.

Caleb was still very protective of his house so I thought it would be best to get ready at Staceys.

"I still don't know if I want to wear it." I admitted, looking back at myself in the mirror.

"But you already told Caleb you were wearing red so he could match with you!" She whined as she softly sat on my bed.

I rolled my eyes with a small smile on my lips, remembering the conversation I had with Caleb a few days ago.

He had asked if I would want to go with him but I thought it would be best if I just entered by myself. He understood but then asked if it would be ok to match to my dress colour and I mistakenly told him I'd be wearing red. Now Stacey wont let me even look at the other dresses I have.

"Stace, I don't know if its such a good idea matching with Caleb now. It practically screams that we are together." I whined as I turned to her and placed the dress on my bed.

"You wont be the only one in red, not everyone knows the situation between you and Caleb and they will all be to occupied with there drinks to care." She tried to calm me but I was still so nervous.

"Fine," I sighed, picking the dress back up and heading for her bathroom "but if people start asking questions I'm leaving!" I added as I closed the door and began to dress myself.

The red silk material felt so amazing against my freshly shaved skin.

The thin straps were soft and fit perfectly. The cowl neck covered just the right amount of my bust and the silk just met the ground as we walked towards the pack house.

The sparkly red heels I wore matched the red bow that was holding my plaits together.

I felt my neck and frowned slightly.

"Stace, I still don't understand why you were so adamant that I don't wear a necklace, I feel like something is missing." I whined as I followed Stacey, her husband Hayden and their beautiful daughter Mary up the stairs of the pack house.

"Oh just trust me." She responded waiving her hand to dismiss my pouted lip.

"You look so pretty Miss Sophia" Mary giggled as she held onto my hand and lead me into the pack house.

"You look even prettier Miss Mary" I responded with a big smile. I bent down to her level and tickled her belly.

"Not as pretty as me!" A big amused voice entered the room and I knew exactly who it belonged to.

I rolled my eyes and smirked as I turned and stood back up.

Kai had just come down a set of stairs in a  navy suit with a navy tie. He did look very handsome but I'd never tell him that.

"I expected you to already be at the party." I said with a chuckle as he came over to give me a hug.

He rolled his eyes slightly "I was, but I had to change my tie," he said with a shake of his head.