SIX: "Get In Here Now"

I placed my luggage onto the bed I'd be occupying for my stay.

I thanked the moon goddess that Kai was comfortable with me taking up his spare room.

I took in the moderate size of the room that currently had a queen bed, vanity and small walk-in robe filling its space.

I smiled as decoration ideas popped into my head, but it was soon replaced with a frown as I thought about how Caleb would banish me if our meeting didn't go to plan.

"I know it's not much but I hope it's ok" A voice broke me out of a trance as I peered to the doorway where Kai stood.

"No it's perfect Kai, thank you so much, I appreciate it" I smiled at him warmly as I picked up the pink teddy that was sitting on my pillow.

"Is this your attempt to make me feel at home?" I asked with a small laugh. The first time I'd laughed since meeting the Storm family.

The bear was so out of place in the darkly decorated room that I knew he had to of placed it here just for me.

"Well yeah, I wanted to add some feminine touches and that's all I could find" he replied with a small chuckle "I haven't had to accommodate a female before" he added while scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Thank you, I love it" And I meant it. It was a very kind gesture and I would cherish it for my entire stay.

"Well, I think it's time to go see my dear little brother" he sighed deeply as he stepped to the side and gestured for me to go ahead of him.

I took in a big breath and followed Kai to his car.

Kai's car was practically brand new. I was still so shocked at how little this pack relied on materialistic things.

"We usually just run everywhere" he explained "I would have run today if you weren't so... well if you were feeling better" he finished with a look of pity as he took in my appearance.

"If I wasn't so frail, weak, fragile... don't worry, I know what I look like" I replied with a little bit of bitterness in my tone. I couldn't help it.

My wolf was on edge like never before, making me impatient and sour.

I wiped my forehead for the 10th time since I sat down in the car.

Another heat flush consuming me.

"Can I turn up the aircon?" I asked as I moved towards the dial, halting abruptly when I saw that it was already on the coldest setting and full blast.

"I saw you were heating up" he replied with a shrug and I smiled to myself. He is such a gentleman.

It took about 6 minutes to get from Kai's house to the packhouse and the size and beauty of the pack had my head in a spin.

They had miles and miles of thick forest surrounding them.

I smiled again as I thought about how beautiful it would be when it was raining.

I realised that I was smiling at everything since entering the pack grounds. I wouldn't be able to smile genuinely at anything when I was home.

Being here was working magic on the way I was feeling. Although I still was having hot flushes, my body was weak and I couldn't connect to my wolf properly.