SEVEN: Tossed Away Like Garbage

I picked at my nails while the Storm family deliberated between themselves.

Too many thoughts were running through my mind to even decipher what anyone was saying.

I peered at Caleb through the glass, he was sitting with his back against a concrete wall, staring back at me as he took big, heavy breaths.

He was still sweating and bleeding from the scratch marks he had inflicted on himself. His torso rose and fell with every huff of breath and I couldn't help but stare at the Adonis of a man before me.

I smiled softly, just wanting to break this tense staring contest between the two of us, no reaction.

"She can't go in there, he will hurt her!" Kai's worried voice called out, forcing me to break eye contact with Caleb, which resulted in him charging towards the window and thumping his fist's against it harshly.

He continued to punch the surface, painting it in blood as Kai stood in front of my form.

"He is unpredictable mother, we can't just sacrifice her to him... just look at him" Kai added as all eyes turned to Caleb.

He looked wild.

He was just throwing continuous jabs towards the glass, leaving a print of blood with each hit.

I winced with every thump of the glass.

He was perfectly fine before, what had made him so crazy.

Ruby rose from her seat and walked towards Caleb's form, she looked nervous, scared almost.

"Caleb it's ok, I'm here" she coo'd as she placed one of her hands on the glass.

Caleb's movements halted and he slowly lifted his head to look up at his mate, he just stared at her for a few moments with an unreadable look.

My heart clenched a little as I watched her calm him down, my wolf was furious, I could feel her anger boiling within me.

"Yeah baby, it's me, it's ok" she chirped with a large smile on her face.

Caleb's eyes then flashed towards me, then back to ruby and this repeated a few times before he finally reacted... and boy did he react.

Caleb's eyes darkened and his entire body started to tremor as his fist clenched tightly against the glass.

He looked ready to kill... and Ruby was his prey.

He let out such a thunderous growl that it vibrates against the glass as he pulled back his hands and then forced them against the window with so much power that a small crack formed beneath his knuckles.

Ruby let out a small whimper as tears pricked her eyes. She flinched back with each punch that Caleb threw towards the glass.

"Give it a try" Luna Catherine whispered into my ear.

I looked over to her and shook my head violently.

"I don't think that's such a good idea" I replied with hesitation.

"He won't actually be able to break the glass, I promise you'll be perfectly safe" she pleaded with me as she grabbed my arm and slightly pushed me towards the window where Caleb was still attacking the glass.

I closed my eyes briefly and took in a sharp breath.

Please, please make him stop hurting himself. I prayed silently to the moon goddess.

It was so hard for me to see Caleb this way.

When I opened my eyes and I forced myself to step around Kai, who was calling out to me.