NINE: Give Me Strength

"I'm sorry for the seclusion, this is the only place that Caleb feels comfortable with you staying" Alpha Bradley, who has recently asked me to call him Brad, apologised sincerely.

"It's ok, I understand" I replied with a defeated sigh.

I did understand. He was embarrassed by me and wanted me to be as far away from his pack as possible.

"I don't think it's a bad thing, this is actually a very special place to him" he added, obviously trying to ease the sadness I was feeling.

I pulled my lips tightly together. Not believing a word he said.

"He hasn't even let Ruby near this..." I cut him off abruptly.

"Alpha, I honestly respect your defence for your pup but you don't need to justify his behaviour. He is a grown wolf and the only reasons I am headed to the most secluded place on your property is because of how ashamed and embarrassed he is of me. There will be no changing my mind on that matter." I ended my rant with a roll of my shoulders and a crack of my neck.

I was stiff and a huge wave of uncontrollable anger filled me.

My wolf wanted to come out. She was so much more present at this pack.

I took in a large breath and forced her to settle.

After a few more silent minutes of walking, a beautiful lake and house came into view.

It literally took my breath away.

A very rustic building sat directly on the line of the lake, it looked as if you could jump straight into the inviting water from the balcony.

The Alpha didn't respond to my rant. I think he could sense the seriousness of my words. He knew there would be no changing my mind.

"I have already had your belongings laid out in your room, we would really like for you to treat this place as your own" Alpha Brad opened the door with an old golden key.

I was in awe of the interior just as much as the exterior.

The cabin's rustic and historic features were decorated with modern accents throughout. It smelt of pine, charcoal, rain and him...  a delicious combination I never thought I would love.

I must have been sniffing a little to obviously because Alpha Brad spoke "I hope your okay with it smelling of Caleb, if it makes you uncomfortable I can have some fauna brought in to mask the scent" I swing around to face him with a panicked look on my face.

"No! I love it..." we both paused, surprised by my action "I mean, it comforts me in a way that I can't explain..." I didn't know what to say. I couldn't understand why I was so drawn to Caleb when he was already mated. I didn't know why I was just so... drawn to him.

"I know it's hard to understand but, I... I just really love his scent" I looked down, ashamed of my words about a mated male.

I felt horrible.

I felt sick.

Caleb is happily mated and in love. I shouldn't be feeling this way about him. I can't have these thoughts. I can't ruin a connection so pure.

I slowly took a seat on the couch near me, my head dropping in my hands as I fought back tears.

"Sophia," the Alphas words broke the tense silence as my thoughts began to overwhelm me.