TWENTY NINE: The Beginning

Steam rose from my hot skin as I laid in the water of the lake.

I had just been for a run, my wolf needed to be released.

I let out a heavy sigh as thoughts of Caleb filled my mind.

Today is the first time that Caleb and I were meeting up for a lesson and I couldn't calm my wolf down.

She is so excited to have some one on one time with him and she was driving me crazy.

I sighed heavily and made my way back into the cabin so I could shower and get ready.

I took the last step into the pack house and saw a familiar pair of dark grey eyes.

"Hey little lady" Kai chirped, sending me a bog smile.

"Hey Kai" I giggled jogging up and giving him a quick hug.

"How'd you pull up the other day after the party?" I asked with a smirk.

Kai rolled his eyes, knowing that Stacey told me how hungover Hayden and Kai were after there horrible game of strip poker.

"I really don't want to talk about it" he sigh, rubbing his temples slowly.

"On that note, I have meetings with my father all day, future alpha duties and such." He chuckled, making his way to his dads office.

"Wait Kai!" I called out, chasing him up the stairs.

His head popped around a corner and I sighed in relief.

"Can you point me in the direction of the library? I'm meant to be meeting Caleb soon!" I sent Kai a smile, knowing he was going to be happy that I was spending time with Caleb.

"Of course," he said with a grin "take that corridor, turn left at the end and then follow it to the end and its the door on the right!" Kai pointed in certain directions and then wiggled his eyebrows.

"Thanks Cupid" I smirked, and began following his direction.

After turning left and finding the correct door, I opened it up to reveal a large room with chairs, couches, books and a fireplace.

It was full from floor to ceiling of books along the walls, library ladders scattered around the room.

I looked around trying to spot Caleb, there were a few people scattered here and there but as of yet, no sign of Caleb.

I took a seat on one of the couches near the fireplace, taking in my surroundings.

It was a warm and inviting place, somewhere quiet and relaxing.

"Hi, Sophia isn't it?" An unknown voice asked from beside me.

I turned slightly, giving the young blonde woman my full attention.

"Hi," I smiled softly " yes, I'm Sophia" I answered and held my hand out for her to shake.

She looked at me strangely, probably not used to such a human greeting but took my hand and shook it softly any way.

"My friends and I," she turned to a group of woman who looked to be around my own age "well we were just wondering... who are you and why are you so close with both Kai and Caleb Storm?" She's asked with squinted eyes.

I blinked quickly, not really know how to answer.

I was definitely not expecting such a blunt and touchy question.