TWENTY EIGHT: I Like It

It had been way more than one song and Kai still wouldn't let me go.

"Kai my feet are killing me!" I whined for the 10th time.

Kai responded by picking me up and twirling me around so that my feet were off the floor.

"Kai, seriously, I'm gonna fall over!" I whined, hoping he would take me seriously.

"Oh fine, little party pooper" He chuckled as he guided me back to one of the bar stools.

We both ordered a drink and finally took a seat.

"Nice necklace by the way." Kai looked at me with a smirk and wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

"Thanks" I replied with a big sigh as I touched the beautiful piece.

"How are you guys?" He asked, all of a sudden becoming a little more serious.

"I don't really know... I think we are just getting to now each other." I searched the crowd, looking for his black hair and grey eyes.

Soon enough finding him across the dance floor, talking to a pack member.

He was laughing and smiling and it was making my wolf purr.

"He asked me to give him another chance before deciding if I was going to reject the bond or not." I shrugged my shoulders and turned back to Kai.

"I think that's a good idea." He responded while taking a sip of his champagne.

"You do?!" I asked shocked. Usually Kai is the first one to say that he doesn't deserve another chance.

"Yeah, I really do," he shrugged and took another sip of his drink "do you know what happens when you reject a bond?" He asked, looking at me intensely.

I shook my head no and sipped at my champagne, the strawberry hitting my lips softly.

"Soph, if you reject Caleb there is no way of taking it back." He started, placing his glass down and turning to me.

I gathered that much but if I was to reject him, I wouldn't want to change my mind.

Before I could respond he continued.

"Not only is it an incredibly painful process to go through but you may never fully recover from it, some wolves suffer a crippling depression and are never the same again. You will never feel a bond like that ever. You may fall in love with another but you will never have another mate, you will never have the opportunity to feel the beautiful connection that the mate bond brings. It will be incredibly hard for you to conceive and become a mother and a part of your soul will die... a part of your wolf will die. Your wolf will always be yearning for more, needing more of a connection. You will never feel blissfully complete."

I blinked slowly taking in all of this information.

I knew that there was no such thing as another mate but I thought that I would just move on and live life like I had never met him.

"I am disgusted by my little brothers actions and I am so disappointed in the choices he has made but I see the way he is when you're not around... he is destroyed. I think he tries to hold himself together as much as he can around you but when he is alone, thinking of all the things he has said to you and done to you... he is broken." Kai looked to the floor and shakes his head slightly.

"He should feel that way... he hurt me so much." I felt a little selfish in saying that but a part of me wanted to know that he was broken over what he had done to me.

"I know... but he is a good man, when he isn't clouded or controlled by anger and fear, he really is a good man." Kai looked at me with so much passion that I sighed heavily.