TWENTY FIVE: Birthday Preparations

"I'm so glad you got to spend time with your family and doing better darling but we really miss you!" Aunty and Abi both frowned dramatically.

"I miss you guys too!" I answered back and frowned just as dramatically.

"Oh I'm feeling the love!" Eric called out from the kitchen "I have knows you guys way longer than Soph so you should be FaceTiming me!" He wined as he plonked down next to me in the couch.

"Oh hush, we will be seeing you again shortly so we don't need to miss you!" Aunty replied with a scoff.

We all laughed a little and said our goodbyes.

"I still hate that you have to leave tomorrow." I said to Eric with a frown.

"This isn't my pack Soph, I'm surprised I've even been allowed here for the duration I have been!" He chuckled, probably thinking about how annoyed the brothers are that Eric is here.

"Thank you for telling us the truth and helping the situation as much as you can, I appreciate it." I have Eric a friendly hug as he stuffed his face with one of my mothers cookies.

"I am gonna miss you though... you're a beautiful soul Sophia." Eric turned to look me in the eyes.

"I'm actually going to miss you too." I sarcastically pouted and squeezed my eyes shut.

"I'm sure I'll see you all again so-" I was cut off by Erics face rushing towards mine.

I flinched slightly and his lips crashed against my cheek.

"Eric..."

"I'm sorry, I just... I just... I don't know why I did that." Erin threw his head back and covered his face with his hands.

"You know what, I'm going to go finish up with Alpha Bradley and head off today." He quickly rose from the couch and shook his head as he headed towards the cabin door.

"Wait Eric no!" I rushed off the couch and grabbed a hold of his arm.

"You don't need to leave early just because of that!" I pulled at his arm slightly to make him turn around.

"I do, I really do." He replied with an embarrassed expression.

"No you don't!" I grabbed his arm with both hands and pulled him towards the couch again.

We didn't budge.

"Sophia... I have to go." He whispered slightly, obviously upset.

"You're only here for one more day anyway, just stay and we can forget about the almost kiss!" I said as I tugged against his arm.

"Sophia I want to kiss you every second of every day!" Eric snapped.

Wow... what.

"You are such an amazing soul and Caleb has just walked all over you and treated you horribly. Ever since the night you were on heat, there hasn't been a single second where I haven't wanted to ravish you. I want to take you away from all of this and treat you right... that's why I need to leave." my grip on his arm softened ad soon enough, my arms fell to my side.

"Eric, I don't know what to say."

And I really didn't...

How was I meant to process all of that when I felt as though I never really got the chance to get to know Eric properly.

"Look I'm not in love with you or anything like that, especially considering we aren't each other's mates but if you reject him... I know that I could fall in love with you and I know that I can make you happy." Erin reached for my hands, looking deeply into my eyes.