-2.2-

'crescent moon, coast is clear, spring breaks loose, but so does fear' -ivy

"Woah, Lee, you're giving Ron a run for his money there!" Fred retorted from across the table

"Woah, Lee, you're giving Ron a run for his money there!" Fred retorted from across the table. Ophelia was busy shovelling her seventh piece of bacon into her mouth, before reaching for the toast that had appeared on the plate next to her and spreading a large amount of peanut butter across it, rolling her eyes at her brother.

"I don't think anyone can beat Ron when it comes to eating." Ginny nodded towards Ron who was sitting beside Hermione, cutting up his fourth sausage of the morning. Ophelia raised her eyebrows challengingly at Ron, who had looked up upon hearing his name, before throwing three more sausages onto her plate, a mouth still full of toast.

Within five minutes, the small girl had completely cleared her plate, grinning proudly at the feat, leaving Ron to roll his eyes and continue chewing on a piece of bacon. Before she could fully celebrate the mini victory, the screeches of several owls signalled the post was arriving. 

Envelopes rained down onto each table, one landing in front of each student. Timetables. Everyone grabbed their envelopes, tearing them open, desperate to know if they'd have lessons with their friends.

"Oh thank Godric!" Ophelia sighed, scanning over the small piece of parchment. "No lessons with Slytherin this year!" The relief was welcomed, as the girl's red hair and second name gained her a fair amount of abuse in the first year, as although her blood would normally receive respect from members of the house, the nature of her family attracted a fair amount of 'blood traitor' remarks. Of course this wasn't as bad as some of her friends such as Colin had been called, but the words hurt all the same. Plus, one particularly nasty Slytherin, Harper Rowle, had been committed to making last year's potion class hell for her, at any opportunity he had.

"What have you got first?" Ginny leant to read over her sister's shoulder. "Defence against the dark arts, same here." DADA was with Professor Lupin this year, and Ophelia hoped he would be better than Lockhart, but judging by how he handled the dementor on the train, that seemed a given.

"Oh cool, we've got Transfiguration and History of Magic together too." Ginny continued, pointing at the corresponding area of her twin's timetable. Ophelia shared the rest of her classes with Hufflepuffs, but she hadn't really made any friends from the badger house, deciding to stick with her own housemates. She'd definitely try and stick with Daisy in potions, she'd saved her from Snape on multiple occasions.

"Should we head to lesson now?" Ophelia gestured to her sister, spotting her two friends at the Ravenclaw table starting to get up. "It takes ten minutes to get to the third floor, and we don't want to be late for the first lesson back." Ginny agreed, and the pair headed out of the hall.

"DADA?" Daisy questioned as the sisters caught up to them. They nodded.

"Y'know, I heard the new professor's really hot." Elijah remarked as the group headed up the corridor. Everyone's heads turned slowly, eight eyebrows raised in his direction. The blonde boy blushed slightly. "What? It's just what I heard."