-1.8-

"we do not remember days, we remember moments."

- jennifer niven

The Gryffindor common room was warm with laughter as the six Weasley siblings, Harry and Hermione sat by the fire on Christmas Eve night

The Gryffindor common room was warm with laughter as the six Weasley siblings, Harry and Hermione sat by the fire on Christmas Eve night. Ophelia was curled up on one of the sofas in her pyjama bottoms and a slightly large quidditch jersey she'd stolen from Charlie back at the Burrow. It was warm and comforting, reminding her of home. She was missing being with her mum over Christmas, but she soon realised this had been her first Christmas with the twins and Percy in quite a few years, and that thought kept her happy.

The youngest Weasley was sandwiched between her twin sister and George, who was currently teasing Ron about the time the twins had hidden a spider in his bed a few years ago. The youngest brother's ears glowed red as he protested against the groups laughter. Ophelia did feel slightly sorry for him, as the incident had resulted in lasting trauma for Ron when it came to eight-legged critters, but she couldn't help sniggering to herself. He did scream like a little girl.

Across the room, the moon was shining through the window, catching Ophelia's attention over the gentle chaos. She made her way over, leaning on the window-sill as she stared at the glowing full moon hanging above the Forbidden Forest. Everything was still. Everything was quiet. The redhead smiled to herself, pressing her forehead against the cold glass.

"You alright over here?" Harry's voice from behind made her jump slightly.

"Yeah, I'm just watching the moon. It's beautiful isn't it?" Ophelia didn't take her eyes off the orb in the sky.

"Uh, I suppose it is. Very... big."

The youngest Weasley laughed gently at the boy, her grey eyes sparkling slightly in the moonlight. Harry smiled back, happy to see the girl happy again.

"Just look a bit closer," Ophelia had pulled Harry closer to the window, pointing towards the moon, "it's a full moon. Don't you feel that?"

"Feel what?" the boy in the glasses asked, perplexed, turning to face the girl once again.

"Peace. Comfort. It feels like home doesn't it?" Ophelia still hadn't taken her eyes off of the sky. Her freckles had been highlighted by the beams of light, and her eyes were brighter than before. Harry stared in awe.

"I-well. I don't live on the moon so-"

"Oi! Lee, Harry, we're playing exploding snap, come sit down!" George interrupted from across the room.

Harry had started towards the group already, but Ophelia hadn't moved yet.

"Are you coming?" the black haired boy asked quietly.

"Yeah sure," the redhead's eyes finally left the sky over Hogwarts, "the next full moon's the twenty-second. I can tell you more about it if you'd like?"