-3.0-

'i reached for you but you were gone'- wonderland

Ophelia stifled a yawn as she walked back to her dormitory

Ophelia stifled a yawn as she walked back to her dormitory. The Start-of-Term Feast had taken longer than last year's; Professor Dumbledore had announced the Tri-Wizard Tournament was taking place at Hogwarts this year- for the first time in two hundred years.

The school was buzzing with excitement, and the Great Hall had been louder than usual.

Now all Ophelia wanted to do was sleep.

"I would definitely sign up." Elijah boasted as the usual Ravenclaw trio made their way upstairs.

Daisy simply rolled her eyes.

"What?" The blonde boy looked slightly offended, "I'd be great at doing tasks."

Both girls stifled a small laugh as Daisy patted his shoulder teasingly.

Ophelia headed up to her room immediately, where Pig was darting around like a maniac, a letter tied to his foot. As she tried to approach the owl, he swooped lower, knocking a lamp forcefully from the dresser.

She quickly pulled her wand from her pocket, aiming at the lamp as it began to tip over the edge.

Wingardium Leviosa.

The lamp stopped just short of the floor, and Ophelia sighed quietly in relief.

However, as a familiar bubbling sensation began shooting through her veins, the lamp jerked upwards, sending the bulb crashing into the ceiling, glass raining down onto the bedroom floor.

"Crap," she whispered under her breath, rushing to clear away the shards, accidentally catching her hand on a sharp edge, "crap, crap, crap."

She pulled her hand away, breathing sharply as it stung. Blood began to seep from the cut as she held it tightly, tears prickling the front of her eyes. She jumped as she heard the bathroom door open.

"Lee?" Luna hurried over as she spotted the glass on the ground, "What happened? My goodness your hand!"

Luna gently took Ophelia's bleeding hand into hers, reaching for her wand that was lying on the edge of her bed. She muttered a small incantation that instantly stopped the stinging before rummaging through a small bag.

Ophelia watched, wiping away a few stray tears with her opposite sleeve. Luna pulled out a small bandage, smiling gently as she wrapped it around her hand.

"There," Luna sighed as she tied the bandage off, pulling her friend into a small hug as they sat on the ground, "no harm done."

"I'm so sorry, it wasn't supposed to break, I was just trying to stop it falling when Pig-"

Luna put her hand on top of Ophelia's, calming her down again.

"It's alright," she smiled, holding her wand out again, "nothing we can't fix. Reparo."