-2.3-

'wherever you stray, i follow, i'm begging for you to take my hand'- willow

Defense Against the Dark Arts had quickly become Ophelia's favourite subject, even over Astronomy

Defense Against the Dark Arts had quickly become Ophelia's favourite subject, even over Astronomy. 'It's only because you're a natural ,' Ginny had joked, slightly jealous of her sisters abilities. She wasn't wrong, being naturally good at anything always makes it more enjoyable. Of course, she still hadn't quite mastered potions, so at least Ginny could hold that against her.

Professor Snape had taken to pressuring Ophelia even more, and the snide comments were becoming a lot more frequent. Perhaps it was the note she'd passed on from Professor Lupin. Ophelia was a respectful girl, she always had been, and was definitely respectful of people's privacy. However, she was also known to let her curiosity get the better of her (as Charlie had discovered the last time he'd tried to sneak a guy into the Burrow- lucky for him Ophelia was also a very committed secret-keeper, and still hadn't said a word of it to this day). So naturally, she read the note on her way to class.

Professor Snape,
Apologies for keeping Miss Weasley from your wonderful lesson, we had some things to discuss. If I hear you've given her a detention, you will have me to answer to. Now, withhold your school-boy anger like a good professor, and I look forward to seeing you on the thirtieth.
Professor Lupin.

Considering the note was only meant to explain her absence, Ophelia found the passiveness of it quite peculiar. She assumed they had a history, something she decided wanted to hear more about. Sure, she wasn't one to gossip, but an old rivalry between two professors? Ophelia had to know more.

October 30th, a frosty Saturday morning, Ophelia put on an old record her dad had found over the summer, before sitting in the window of her room, her knees tucked up to her chest underneath the blue blanket she had taken from her common room.

I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things, we can do the tango just for two

Her copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them lay open in her lap as she traced her finger along a page of Disillusionment Charms, her eyes flicking between the words. She was re-reading it for the seventh time since Hermione gifted it to her last Christmas, and her favourite pages were wrinkled and dotted with tea stains.

I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings, be your Valentino just for you

Luna had gone to the library to study with Daisy and Elijah, Ginny had disappeared off to the Gryffindor common room and Hermione, Harry and all of Ophelia's siblings were old enough to go to Hogsmeade, leaving her with a peaceful morning to read her favourite book, and listen to what seemed to be her favourite record.

Ooh, love, ooh, loverboy, what're you doin tonight

The looming darkness in the form of Sirius Black had left little time to relax, as all everyone would talk about was the inevitable. He was coming for Harry, and that terrified her. She'd almost watched him die last year, she didn't want to do it again.