-2.8-

'if it's all in my head, tell me now, tell me I've got it wrong somehow'- tolerate it

Most of the Weasleys had returned home this Christmas, besides Ron who had stayed to keep Harry company

Most of the Weasleys had returned home this Christmas, besides Ron who had stayed to keep Harry company. All of the Ravenclaws were due home this year, apart from Daisy, so Ophelia wrote home, asking if she could stay behind too. Molly had agreed, for more reasons than one, but insisted Ginny still came home.

It had been difficult at first. The twins had never been apart for Christmas, and it felt strange waking up in her Ravenclaw dormitory without Ginny there. For a moment, she'd forget her sister had gone home, fretting that the worst had happened once again. But then Daisy would be sitting at the end of her bed, smiling.

That was how she woke up on Christmas morning, sitting bolt upright as soon as her eyes opened, face with a happy looking Daisy wrapped in a blue blanket, perched at the foot of her bed.

"Merry Christmas!" She squealed excitedly. It was no secret that Daisy loved Christmas more than anything, and her restlessness as she waited for the young redhead to wake up proved it to be true.

"Merry Christmas, D." Ophelia chuckled sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

The girls eventually got dressed and made their way to Gryffindor tower to meet with Ron, Harry and Hermione. Because of the current situation with Sirius Black, nearly all of the students had gone home, apart from these five and a Slytherin first year called Derek.

When the pair arrived, Ron and Hermione were mid row- Crookshanks had apparently tried to eat Scabbers, and Ron had attempted to kick the ginger cat- and Harry was staring at an open package on the floor. A Firebolt.

"Merlin Harry, who got you that?!" Ophelia may not have been a quidditch player herself, but she had enough enthusiasts in her family to know it was impressive.

Harry's gaze moved to the girl who'd just entered the common room. Ron and Hermione stopped shouting at each other when they notice the girls' arrival. 

After opening the rest of their gifts and putting on their Weasley jumpers (Molly had made one for Daisy too, not wanting the girl to be left out) they made their way over to the Great Hall for the Christmas feast. The house tables were nowhere in sight, just a singular table at the front holding Professor Dumbledore, McGonagall, Flitwick, Sprout, Snape and the Slytherin boy who looked very sheepish seated opposite the potions professor. 

"Merry Christmas!" Dumbledore cheered as the group approached the table, "It seemed foolish to use the house tables with so few of us here. Please, have a seat!"

The five of them sat at one end of the table, helping themselves to the food that had magically appeared on the plates before them.

"Sybil! This is a pleasant surprise." Professor Trelawney had entered, looking rather on edge. Then again, Ophelia had never seen the divination teacher at ease, always spilling prophecies of  death and doom. She often wondered if the woman was sane at all.