-3.4-

'this night is sparkling, don't you let it go'~ enchanted

~DISCLAIMER: This has had a time skip, the first task happened as it does canonically, its now Christmas (but im back!!) ~

"So, what's everyone's plans for Christmas?" Daisy, Elijah and Ophelia were wandering across the courtyard, which had inevitably been covered in a thick layer of snow. All three were tucked underneath various blue scarves, noses slightly red against the cold air.

"I'm going home this year," Ophelia smiled- she'd stayed at Hogwarts every year so far, and she looked forward to it, "Remus is going to join us back at the Burrow, and I think I might stay with him for a few days at New Year-"

"No you won't be!" 

Ophelia spun towards the voice to be faced with Ron and Harry, who both looked equally cold, strange grins appearing on their faces.

"You can't go home for Christmas. You are coming to the Yule Ball," he pushed the black-haired boy forward, "with Harry."

Ophelia just stared at the pair, Daisy and Elijah standing either side.

"But what about Cho-"

"Got someone." Harry shrugged.

"But couldn't you go with-"

"Ginny's going with Neville. Hermione's got someone too." Ron rolled his eyes. "Even Dean and Seamus managed to find one."

"Everyone's got someone, Lee. Apart from us," Harry widened his eyes, imitating a desperate puppy, "Please."

She sighed, chewing the side of her cheek. She'd been looking forward to spending more time with Remus, with her dad. Maybe even Sirius if he decided to risk it. 

"Even if I go, who are you going to go with Ron?" 

The two boys shuffled slightly, Ron's eyes darting to the girl beside Ophelia, who immediately snorted.

"What?" Ron's face had gone an odd shade of pink as his sister laughed. 

Ophelia stared for a moment before turning to her friend, who hadn't quite clocked on. 

"Daisy, I think my brother's asking you to the ball."

~~~

Remus was making tea in the kitchen when Pig arrived, a small letter dropping from his beak as he squeaked, landing beside the kettle. He stroked the bird's head carefully as he unravelled the note, recognizing his daughter's handwriting.

She wouldn't be home for Christmas.

That was okay, though, because she was going to her first ball. He smiled fondly. With Harry.

He knew they were just friends, but he could see they were both oblivious. The pair took after their fathers in that sense. 

Remus missed her, he really did. But he was excited for her. Third years were only allowed to attend the ball if they were invited by an older student, and it seemed that the youngest Weasley twins had achieved that. He remembered Neville fondly, and hoped that the boy wouldn't lose the confidence he had gained over the past year. He was so much like Alice. If only she could see him now.