-2.16-

'if im dead to you why are you at the wake'- my tears ricochet 

"It's little Moony."

Besides the gentle creaking of the shack, the room fell silent. The now glassy eyed madman had let go of Remus, staring straight at Ophelia. She trembled slightly, convincing herself that what Remus had told her was true- this man was innocent.

Sirius took a slow step forward, his bottom lip quivering slightly as the small redhead subconsciously stepped backwards. Her eyes instinctively flickered towards Remus, who simply watched his old friend as he began to make his way forward.

There was something different in his eyes- they weren't laced with madness like the posters plastered on the streets. They were gentle, almost kind. The deep blue felt familiar, as though she had looked into those eyes before. Then again, if the story she had been true, she'd spent the first few months of her life watching those eyes.

"You get away from my sister!" Ron bellowed from across the room. Sirius spun around, facing her brother who was propped up on a rickety bed positioned in the corner. His leg was covered in blood- something Ophelia hadn't noticed when they first arrived.

Black was now frowning between Ron and Remus, the latter standing with a sad look across his face. 

Hermione had pulled herself off the ground now, angrily pointing across the room at Remus.

"You! I- I covered for you!" her voice trembled, whether it was out of frustration or fear Ophelia couldn't tell, "Harry you can't trust him-"

"Hermione listen-" Remus attempted to stop her, but she was still shouting.

"-he's been helping Sirius Black into the castle-"

"-Hermione, stop-" Ophelia whispered, inaudible as Harry began to shake, not out of fear, but in a new wave of fury.

"I trusted you!" he shouted, his voice wavering slightly, "All this time, you've been his friend!"

Remus pleaded with them, begging for them to listen, but he was unsuccessful. Ophelia watched helplessly as it went back and forth, until one word caused her to freeze.

"...he's a werewolf!" Hermione practically screamed, stunning everyone in the room to silence. 

Harry's eyes drifted to Ophelia in disbelief, as if he were looking for conformation. She known, of course she had, and a simple glance told him that. He swallowed, diverting his eyes back to Professor Lupin, who was now calm, although very pale.

"I'm impressed, Hermione," he sighed gently, pressing his lips together, "I won't deny that, but you're not up to your usual standard," the girl in question frowned, her cheeks still burning from her outburst, "I am a werewolf, yes," Remus shivered momentarily, "but I'm afraid you're wrong- I haven't been friends with Sirius here for twelve years."