25 | THERE YOU ARE, MY HEART

Click ⭐ to vote

ps: it is a short chapter, sorry. next one is gonna be long, pinky swear.

════════════════════════

Iris

The front lawn of the Radcliffe house is decorated with pink and gold; clear balloons having silver and gold glitter in it and pink balloons and streamers. The black comes in the huge electronic sign that says, "Princess Tiffany's Eighth Birthday" made up of diamond shapes. I can't shake the feeling that this was one of the triplets' ideas.

Cars are dispersed all over the neighborhood but the driveway is filled with some expensive cars–oh, my goodness. There is a freaking 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS that was in one of the fast and furious movies.

I, almost, faint looking at the next car.

"That's Ferrari F60 America," I breathe out.

Sensing my awe, Adi wraps his arm around my shoulder. "That's one of the Radcliffes' car."

"What?" I mouth, surprised, and he nods, amused.

"Too rich, I know."

I give him a look. "You are one of the founders of Sky."

"I am at least subtle about it."

Daisy seems so unfazed as we get out of the car. She says, "Why am I not surprised by the number of people here?"

"Because they fucking know a lot of people," Adi states.

"You got that right," I murmur.

As we walk towards the house, I notice white paper lanterns in various sizes have been put on the trees as the guests enter from a grand terrace, that I haven't seen in any of visits to the house but we stop, before entering, as Percy comes, smiling at Daisy.

"All the best," I say to Daisy but she is not listening or looking at me.

"You look good," Daisy comments, when Percy reaches us. He is wearing a black slim-fit tux over a white shirt with a blue tie.

"You are... beautiful, Anna," Percy breathes out before they kiss.

I groan, looking away. Adi shakes his head and says, "Percy, hello to you, too."

Daisy and I let out a laugh, while Percy gives him a smile.

"Adi." Then, he turns to me but when he looks at me, he looks surprised. "Iris, you look... unexpected."

Daisy laughs. "She does."

"Just because I am wearing this," I say, gesturing to my dress. "Doesn't mean I am way cool with it. I am really scared—what if the back falls—I—"

"It won't." Adi and Daisy assure me.

Adi adds, "And even if—a big if—I will provide my jacket to you." He ponders. "The jacket will suit the dress too."

"Adi," I say, putting a hand on my chest. "You know, you are better than most men."

He winks at me. "I know."

Percy looks at me and I say, "I am still deciding for you."

Daisy says to him, kissing, "You are, for me."

"Okay, we will be going and hope that you both don't do anything kinky here," Adi says, leading me away from the main entrance, through the normal door we always enter.