37 | CARNIVAL RIDES WITH DR. SEUSS

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Iris

"I am so done," I say, completing my lemonade.

"'ha 'un?" Noah says, eating the second candy apple.

Two facts about Noah Radcliffe, I notice today.

One: He eats but he eats a lot when he is anxious. I do not know what he is anxious about but the guy can eat every-freaking-thing that is eatable and will still be hungry. I have a whole new respect for him now.

Two, the irritating fact: He talks while eating and you can't understand anything. And I don't like it at all. It reminds me of the guy I went on a date with and it is not funny. I literally am cringing at every word coming out of Noah's mouth while he eats.

In conclusion, he puts Caleb and Michael's food inhalation to shame.

Finally, Noah completes his eating. "I think we've eaten almost everything here."

I look at him with a blank face. "Nope. We didn't. You did."

"You have eaten too, Bella," He states, trying to defend himself.

"Yeah." I start counting with my fingers. "I had onion rings, deep-fried Twinkies, deep-fried burgers, dumplings, curly fries, pizza, funnel cakes, chocolate cupcakes, donuts, and lemonade."

Before he can interrupt with his any snarky comment, I continue, "You had onion rings, deep-fried Twinkies, deep-fried burgers, curly fries, pizza, tacos, chili cheese hot dog, bacon-wrapped turkey legs, calzones, candy apples, funnel cakes, and chocolate donuts; pretty much everything that makes diet freaks faint."

He shrugs. "I was hungry."

"You don't say." I stare at him, gesturing at him. "Where is the 'Diet is necessary' guy?"

He gives me his infamous blank face. "Sometimes, it is okay to have a cheat day."

"Okay, really respect for your love of food and all but can you not ta—"

He burps. Loudly.

Noah gives me an apologetic smile but I have already started to laugh—more like guffaw.

"Oh—oh my goodness—tha—you—damn, you just burped! Did someone record it?" I laugh, ignoring the fact that we are attracting lovesick couples around us.

"Why would—?"

"Adi would have absolutely adored it. Oh my god!"

Noah huffs out, frowning, but I still don't stop laughing.

"Hey, man! I can do better than that," A man calls out, grinning.

Noah gives me a look as if he knows what will happen. I cool down myself, glancing at the man. The guy taking a swig of his coke and two seconds later, he burps louder than Noah.

I grin, giving a thumbs-up, and Noah gives him an impressed look but seems like someone didn't.

Oops?

"You are an asshole! I am breaking up with you!" The man's girlfriend throws a whole can of soda on him and, gathering up her things and going away, she flips the bird at him.

The man lets out a sigh of relief and looks at us, getting up. "Thanks, dude, for the idea. You have no idea how much money she has cost me."

As he went away, Noah and I look at each other and I start laughing.