29 | I DO NOT HAVE A MAP

Click ⭐ to vote!

════════════════════════

Iris

"Your best friend is an idiot, you know." This is the first thing I hear from Victoria as I reach my locker, after the soccer practice.

"Tell me something that I don't know, Vic," I tell her and she laughs, opening her locker.

"I wanted to suck out his blood with my imaginary fangs," Victoria says. "But—"

"Instead, you wanted to give him a large hickey."

I groan, turning towards Adi. "Can you leave at least the morning from your dirty mind?"

Adi leans on the locker between ours. "The truth is bitter but I guess, it can make some people blush," He grins, glancing at Victoria.

"Wha—oh my god." I laugh, looking at Victoria's red face.

She says, "Guys, stop."

We both ignore her.

"What about Victen?" Adi asks me, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ew, that sounds like a disease," I reply. "What about Coltoria?"

He gives an impressed look. "Now, that's a song. I like it."

We give each other high-fives just as Victoria closes her locker and looks at us. "You know what? I am—"

"Hey, Mendes." Three of us look at Sean Libers, standing behind Victoria. Victoria lets out a sigh. "I heard you got some sense about how Colt..." He narrows his eyes at me. "and his so-called best friends are."

"Get lost, Libers," I say to him, closing my locker.

"See, Mendes, they aren—"

"Tori..."

And Colt comes. He places a kiss on Victoria's forehead, sliding his hand around her waist. Victoria looks as much surprised as Adi and I are.

"He finally got some guts," Adi whispers to me. "Unlike some two people."

"What?" I ask him but I guess, the drama in front of us is more interesting.

Colt looks at Sean. "Got any problem, Sean?"

Sean glares at him and I notice, then, that he has a faint back eye, which I think is covered with some makeup, and some scratches over his nose and lips. Colt, definitely, had beaten the hell out of him.

Damn, Colt, am I proud of you.

Sean, then, looks at Victoria. "Just asking Victoria if she wanted to go out with me."

Before Victoria can even reply, Colt beats her to it. "She won't because she is taken."

"Oh, she is?" Adi asks, feigning innocence. He pouts. "And another fish got out of the pond." He turns to me. "Milady, you still sin—ow!"

Colt steps on his foot.

Sean (the idiot) says to Colt, "Really? Who's her—"

"I am her boyfriend." Colt looks directly into Sean's eyes. "Now, if you want to walk properly, I expect you to move along and stop troubling my girlfriend."

This time Sean actually looks scared as, without any reply, he walks away.

"You stepped on my foot? Why?" Adi looks at Colt, bewildered.