41 | HEAVEN AND DESTRUCTIONS

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Noah

The room is silent.

I can distinctly hear the waves crashing upon the shore, opposite the house. The slight smell of the rain is evident in the air.

Rain brings memories. Bad memories, just except one.

Scrunched nose and distaste in her dark brown eyes, she frustratedly scoffs at the weather. "I hate rain. Too wet. Too slippery." Then, she pauses. "I don't mean that it shouldn't be—"

"I get it, Bella," I tell her, smiling a little before she goes on a rant about how it is her personal opinion. "Rains... They are just..." I trail away, not able to say anymore.

She looks up at me with her curious dark eyes, so innocently that I can't dare to believe someone can be insanely hot, amazingly cool, and breathtakingly beautiful, all at the same time.

I sigh.

It is Sunday and I will see her tomorrow. But whenever she comes to my mind, the thought of her with Thomas comes to my mind too.

I was not here when Thomas and Bella were a couple but I did hear a lot about their breakup at the start of the senior year. They were the 'it couple' of the school—won king and queen together in the junior homecoming and prom—but all of a sudden, they broke up.

Most rumors say that Thomas 'dumped' Bella but... if Thomas had broken up with her, why would he say that he loved her?

For now, that is the least of my problems. I have another problem brewing up, slow and steady, and if I don't stop it—

"YOU."

I jump a bit, almost falling off the couch. Taking a second, I give a flat glare to Adi.

"I should put a fucking bell on you," I say to him, still glaring. "And why the fuck did you just bar—?"

"What the hell did you do to Iris?" Adi asks, looking at me, way too sternly.

I freeze.

For the majority of the week, she didn't talk to me or even look at me for that matter and this guy comes to my room and says...

"What do you mean?" I ask him back as he starts pacing, in front of me. "Aditya, what do you fucking mean by that?"

"You both have been avoiding me. I called her and she said hello instead of what do you want. And you—yesterday, you and Mike were being all bro-bro while completing the schoolwork," He says, looking at me, accusingly. "And yes, I was jealous. Only you get to bro me, no one else."

Now, he pauses as I raise my eyebrows.

"Nevertheless, it is high time we have this convo—again but this time straight forward." He continues, "Look, man, I know Iris—not as well as you know but I know her and she never picks up my phone and says just hello, okay? I know she has been avoiding you but she didn't avoid me and now, she is! That means it has something to do with you, my oh great best friend."

I exhale, real slow. "Adi—"

He points at me. "So, tell me everything honestly or I will curse you for eternity if you dare to lie to me."

"Would you let me complete or just go on overdramatizing it?" I snarl, unable to control myself, but Adi has seen my worst and it isn't this. So, he keeps the neutral face, a look telling me to go on.