30 | APPLE-PIE IS A SEXY FOOD

Click ⭐ to vote!

════════════════════════

Iris

Yesterday, I came back home, very happy and shocked. But that all went into the drain when I found my parents in my room. Without any 'how are you, kiddo', Mom pounced on me, verbally, about how messy my room is and how many times she has told me to clean.

"I don't care if you shower me with all kinds of chocolates in this world, you are doing the dishes for a week," Mom told me, firmly, ignoring my puppy face. Actually, it never works on Mom – well, she is a Mom.

"Ah, finally, the relief of—"

Dad cut off Daisy's relief. "You are cleaning the cars, first in the morning tomorrow. Mine needs some things to be taken out of the tires, so... you will do it."

"But what did I... It is because of hiding Percy and my relationship?" Daisy asked Dad but he just shrugged.

"I don't know what you are talking about. Pizza, anyone?"

Well, after that, they asked about Daisy and mine's well-being and also ordered pizza only to sleep before it even reached our home.

Long story short, the normalcy has returned in the Coopers' residence since yesterday.

So, tonight (actually in a couple of minutes), we are going to Radcliffe's place. Mom and Daisy are in her room, choosing her outfit—a discussion that has been going on for an hour. Within that amount of time, I could have a nap and wake up and have a nap again.

Dad and I are waiting downstairs for them as Yeti sits beside me. We were actually in Daisy's room, too. We, both, were just giving some expertise on the outfits but both of them hated it and sent us downstairs.

I didn't opt for anything that stands out. So, I have worn a plain mustard yellow sweatshirt—not oversized—on my jeans with my casual converse (yes, I have a formal pair of Converse too).

"Why do I have to go?" I ask Dad, groaning. "She definitely has no choice. I should have a choice but Daisy has taken that away too. Waddaya say, Dad?"

Dad asks back, "Do I really have a bad taste in fashion?"

I look at him, drily. "I asked something first."

"But I asked something important," He says back and Yeti sits up, alert.

"Why aren't you concerned that I am going to a guy's place?"

He shrugs. "Three words: I like Noah."

I gape at him. "Who are you? You are not my father! My father is a protecting-daughter-from-guys-who-just-smirk-and-have-weird-dazzling-eyes-that-only-leads-you-to-star-in-teen-moms-episodes!"

There is a very loud pause between us.

Dad looks at me, taken aback. "Okay, that was a weirdly accurate impression of me."

"Seventeen years of living with you, Dad," I state and he doesn't disagree. "Also, you have a good sense of fashion. They just don't like our opinion."

He huffs out, "If I didn't, the neighbor's babysitter wouldn't have hit on me."

"Ew, gross." I make a face.

Dad continues, "I am growing into a silver fox."

I hold up my hand. "Didn't ask for that information, didn't want that information."