12 | WASTE OF A HUNDRED DOLLARS

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Iris

After two hours of intense practice in the basement and after coming back to my room, another hour of dance, I am still dancing.

Trust me, I realize this right now as my phone vibrates on my bed. Reducing the volume of the music player, I groan as I pick up without seeing the caller's name. I mean who will call me at night except for Caleb?

"Sex better be worth calling me at 3:15:36," I say, holding the phone to my ear as I grab a towel on the way to my bathroom.

For a long time, I don't hear anything as I look at myself in the mirror of the bathroom. Then, a voice says, "Well, it wasn't. She was too eager and too talkative. Not a good combination."

I look at my phone, surprised, only to see it is an unknown number. I don't know if it is fortunate or not, I know the voice very well.

"Noah? Why are you calling me at this ungodly hour?"

"Were you waiting for someone else's call, Bella?"

"No," I answer, "I thought you were Caleb."

"Why?" He sounds surprised.

"Goodness, Noah, you ask a lot of questions."

"Bella," He says as I hear him smirking, "Did you just use my line against me?" 

"Seems like I did," I tell him, putting the phone on my counter and the call on speaker.

"Where are you?" He asks while I wash my face with cold water.

"What an asshole type of question is that?" I say, laughing.

"Hey, I am not an asshole but I can definte—" Before he can say anything related to sex, I interrupt him.

"Oh, my goodness, I don't want to know. My ears are just too innocent," I say, muffling my laughter into the towel as I dry my face, softly.

"How do you know I was going to say something... not innocent?" He asks, his amusement too evident.

I change the topic. "Noah, why did you call me? Wait, how did you even get my number?" 

Entering my bedroom, I flop down on the bed as he answers, smugly, "I have connections. But I could have just asked you your number and I know you must have given it to me."

"I would have if you would have kneeled down in front of me and begged for it."

"I don't beg for anything, Bella." I hear him say, seriously.

"I know you won't but it would be nice to see that the bad boy can do some serious puppy eyes shit."

"Yeah, if I were you, I wouldn't expect that from me."

"Whatever, Noah."

"As for answering your other question, I was bored."

I look at my phone, trying to make sense of him. "You were bored and that is why you called me at this time?"

"Yes."

"Seriously, do you really like to puzzle the hell out of me?"

I can hear him smile as he replies, "You puzzle me, too."

"I don't."

"You do."

"No."

"Yes," He replies, stubbornly.