60 | YOUR NAME ON MY HEART

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Noah

Music blasts through the house and some greetings come towards me as I make my way through the crowd of this party which is a lot more than Caleb's party. Probably the bouncer here just allowed anyone who wanted to come, but how the fuck will I know? I merely know the gang and the soccer team—I don't think I need to know anyone else other than them.

Finally, pushing past the last crowd, I spot Bella. She is standing near the same place we were talking last time, but this time with Stacy. As I walk nearer to them, I notice Stacy telling Bella something.

Stacy spots me and lets out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness, you are here."

I look at them. "What do you—"

"Noah!" Bella takes a step forward—I think to hug me—but somehow, slips. Before she can hit the ground, I pull her into my arms.

"Woah, there, Bella." I hold her, wrapping an arm around her waist, as I look at her. She has tucked her face into my shirt, clutching onto me almost like her life depended on it.

"Bella, what's wrong?" I ask her, tucking her hair so that I can see her face. "Come on, just look at me."

"No," She whines.

"Please."

"Pretty please?"

I sigh and nod, saying, "Pretty please with cherries on top."

Her cheeks lift as she smiles, looking up at me. Whenever I look at her, I always see her eyes first—those mesmerizing brown eyes. But right now, when I see them, I find the evident red in the whites of her eyes.

I glare at Stacy. "Explain."

"I found her eating a whole plate of cupcakes—which now I assume were pot cupcakes."

I tense, glancing back at Bella, who turns towards Stacy with the little indent in between her brows.

She asks them, almost like a church-girl, "I ate marijuana?"

They reply, "Technically, you ate edibles... which now I realize are more dangerous."

I clamp down on my jaw, breathing out. I ask Stacy, "Who the fuck makes fucking pot cupcakes and leaves them unattended?"

"Hey!" They hold up their hands. "Don't burst out on me! I'm just in the dark as you are."

"How long has it been?"

"Around an hour so."

"Fuck." I inhale, sharply, looking around, before bringing my attention back to them. "I'm taking her out of here."

They exclaim, "Where? You can't take her home when she is like this!"

"Unfortunately, this isn't the place where she should be either," I retort. "Just tell anyone who asks that we went out. That's it. I don't want them to worry much about it."

Stacy looks like they want to say something back, but doesn't. They nod. "Okay."

"And don't tell Amelia."

They roll their eyes. "Fine."

Leaning down, I put my hands on her back and under her legs as I pick Bella up. Instinctively, she puts one of her arms around my neck and the other clutches my shirt.

"Am I high, Noah?" Bella murmurs, as I start walking out of the house, and nuzzles her face in my chest.

I glance at her, trying to breathe out in normal rhythm, but the whole situation right now isn't really letting me. But I do reply, "With the number of edibles you've eaten, yes. They've started to kick in. You want to go home?"