58 | WE HUNT THE WOLVES

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Noah

Three days of the championship have passed, and we have successfully entered the semi-finals. Just two matches away from that trophy.

The football practices are almost as chaotic as the games we play. Yes, it is easier to counterattack or defend the team you're playing for when it is your teammates in the offense, but it is Seahome High—whatever we do, it is never expected.

Just like the school decided to let Mike come with us.

"I hate it. I absolutely hate this. Why me?" He groans.

"Because you wrote a good article on our matches."

Mike looks at me and replies, "Do not pin this on me and my journalism skills."

Colt and I share a look as we are standing in front of our room. Mike's room is beside ours but the only downside he has to share it with the coach. We have just come back from long practice and are sweating like fuck, except for Mike who was—I quote him— 'just observing'.

Along with other teams, the whole team is staying at the motel, near the stadium. Not too classy or anything but it has a pool which I think will get filled with these guys soon, given how sweaty they are after practice.

Colt says to him while I unlock the door, "Sharing a room with Coach isn't that bad."

He retorts back, "Is that so? Do you want to swap?"

Colt cringes. "No."

I say to him, when he scowls, "I don't get why is an article on us is that necessary to make you come with us."

Mike frowns. "It wouldn't have been possible if Iris hadn't traded places with me. So, pin this on her!"

I glare at him. "Watch it, Mike."

"Don't get so possessive, Noah." Slowly, his lips lift into a sly grin, before letting out a laugh. "If you are like this when you both aren't together, I wonder how you will be when you are."

I blink. "I am not... possessive. I am simply saying for you to shut the fuck up and go to sleep."

Colt coughs. "Nice save."

Mike grumbles, "Jocks."

"Writers," I say back, hearing a chuckle from him before we enter our respective rooms.

Entering, Colt says to me, "I don't get why you and Iris haven't said anything to the gang. I am pretty sure everyone was shipping you both—Victoria the hardest."

"Really? It wasn't you and Adi?" I raise my brows and sit on the bed on the left side.

Colt sits on the other bed and makes a face. "Three days and this bed still is really uncomfortable. Anyway, to be honest, I thought you guys were just good friends until I started to see the way you both were around each other. She always blushed and you always smiled when together."

I nod, smiling, as I remember all our interactions from months ago. "I was never subtle about it."

"Damn, right, but still don't you want to tell everyone that you both are dating? You told Adi and me."

"We didn't have much of a choice on that front."

"Because we are the best friends?"

"Because you are the best friends," I confirm. "But it isn't the right time, Colt. Caleb and I are still not on the best terms, personally. Also, Bella wants to tell him first."