27 | BEST FRIEND CALEB WALLACE

Click ⭐ to vote!

════════════════════════

Noah

Berries and Jasmine.

Nothing has ever existed to make a person fucking insane yet so sane at the same time. But I got it—berries and jasmine. She smells of berries and jasmine.

Dancing, I held her as softly as I could, as far away as I should. She looked at me with those chocolate eyes; so hopeful and full of trust that I won't hurt her ever. Not only I could hear my heart bursting out but I felt hers, slow and fast, against mine.

I think I whispered something, forgetting all about what I told myself this morning, and lost to the darker half of my brain. So, I moved forward, grazing my nose against her soft skin on her neck.

Goosebumps rose on her skin as a blush crept up from her chest so slowly that I saw it happen. It stirred something in me that screamed more, strongly. I angled my head and put my lips on her skin, feeling her pulse hammering and the blush intensifying.

Damn me to that place of demons but with that dress, red blush is starting to my favorite color on her.

It could have stopped—I would have if she had said the word, but she didn't. Instead, she tilted her neck and pulled me closer, making me do the same.

That was when my senses returned.

My ears were ringing loudly. Everything in me was heightened and when I looked back at her, I noticed the way she bit her lip, anxiously, and clenched her fists. I knew what that meant...

But no. No. This cannot happen, I know very well it won't. So, after looking at her once again, I turned and walked away from her.

For some I do not know minutes, I have been sitting at our table, drinking water. Glancing at the opposite side of the room again in the past few seconds, Bella is at the buffet, eating cake and talking to Daisy and Percy. They are a better company anyway.

"Noah, are you listening to me?"

"Fuck off," I grumble to Adi, drinking another glass of water.

Even though I am not looking at him, I am sure that he is narrowing his eyes and probably will do something to piss me more. Aditya shakes me so vigorously that if I had been shocked, I would have dropped the glass.

Adi turns me towards him and I give an unimpressed expression. "Listen. To. Me."

"What," I say.

"Why is the right question." He grins. "Why didn't you tell me that you are the captain with your best best friend Caleb Wallace?"

I raise my eyebrows. "Who told you?"

"Colt." He pulls up his phone as if it came out of a magic trick, before keeping it back.

"That bastard," I murmur, running my hand through my hair. "I would have told you tomorrow; did not want anyone knowing today."

"Oh, okay." Adi nods. "In other words, you wanted to tell Iris first."

"No," I lean back on the chair, nonchalant. "I want to drain you of all your blood and organs, and make your flesh as a carpet."

"Damn," He holds up his hands. "Did you argue with her again?"

"It was nothing."

"But—"

"Nothing, Aditya."