51 | HE IS HANDSOME AND THOTTISH

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Noah

I am going to say it.

Yes, I am going to say or admit or whatever-shit-synonyms-are-there it.

Alexa Harrington is the ultimate third wheeler and mind you, my best friend is Aditya Subramaniam.

First of all, she wakes us up by screaming on top of her lungs and banging her small fist on the door. Second of all, she wakes us up at six am, sharp, when all I wanted was to cuddle with Bella and I know Bella wanted the same with a little more sleep time, of course.

Third, when Tamara gives me the keys of her car for the day, I can practically feel Gabriella's stare into my head and the look she has been giving me since I got here (also, the one Caleb gives me)— 'One wrong step, you are out'

Now, this.

"This song is just bad as the last one." Alex groans from the back seat. "Change it, ag-ghain."

I have some feelings about this morning.

"Kind of agreeing with Alex here, Noah," Bella says. I glance at her, raising my eyebrows. "It is really slow for a morning. I know you like R&Bs but just put some pop songs."

Alex nods and looks at me through the rear mirror. "Please do it for this cute little human?" She says, blinking her eyes and pouting, as I look at her through the rear mirror.

I start to say, "No can—"

"Oh shush, I am changing." Bella changes the song to a pop song and Alex grins at me. I scoff but don't say anything as both of them start humming to the beat.

Though not related by blood, Bella and Alex are like shadows of each other—same music preferences, same stances about dressing up, and also, both are way too curious for their own good.

Bella turns slightly in her seat and starts clicking pictures with the yellow-colored camera her parents got her. She tries to click my picture but I turn away, scowling.

"You know," She starts to say to me. "Even if you turn away, I am still going to click your pictures."

"I knew you were obsessed with me," I retort, smirking.

"I am not obsessed with you, Stupid." She scoffs, looking away, and I try to restrain myself from smiling.

"So stubborn."

I can feel her, slowly, turn to me with a frown. "I am not—you are the stubborn one."

Before I can reply, a loud groan comes from behind and I remember we have a child with us.

"Can you both not?" Alex says, giving us a look. Bella and I share a smile, knowing our small arguments are way too common but not for Alex.

Bella turns and asks her, "Alex, are we there yet?"

"No," I reply, instead. When Bella looks at me, questioningly, I add, "I, along with Chris, stayed in Nottingham with Grandmother for two years. We used to come to London, frequently. So, I remember the ways—it has not changed much, anyway."

"When?" She asks me.

"Sophomore and junior year," I answer, briefly.

"Wait, that means—"

I clear my throat. "We are almost there," I say, and hope Bella drops the subject. She does after she looks at me for some time with a curious expression.