10 | CHERRY BLOSSOM

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Noah

Iris Cooper is going to be the death of me. I knew that the moment I met her but I am serious, right now. She is just so... unpredictable.

I roll my bottom lip between my teeth to stop myself from smiling, looking at her, right now. I had gone for a shower just some minutes ago. When I come out, I almost freak out not finding her and this is where she is.

Sleeping, she has curled herself into a ball on the couch in my room. Not only that, she is hugging one of the books from my bookshelf like a shield. She has worn an oversized blue-grey sweater, her hands inside the sleeves, and black track pants. I can see her blue socks with cupcake prints peeping from her converse.

I avert my gaze, feeling like a damn fucking creep.

One part of me is telling me to wake her up but there is this selfish darker part of me that just wants her to be like always: so angelic and peaceful. Of course, the darker side wins.

I am about to go to get a blanket from my cupboard when I hear some mumbling. For a moment, I think Bella has woken up but when I look over, again, she is just an inch away from fall—

Too soon.

I rush and hold her before she can fall flat on the floor. The book falls from her hands and her hands around my neck within some seconds, pulling me closer to her. Whimpering something about cold, she puts her head on my chest and sighs.

She is sleeping right in my arms and all I think is how good of a choice it was to wear a t-shirt. If I had not...

For fuck's sake, shut this fuck up machine of unrequired thoughts.

Getting rid of any more thoughts, I slide one arm under her back and another under her thighs and lift her up. I don't know what I was expecting but Bella is not light; she is definitely generous in the weight category.

But I am not complaining.

I put her down on the bed. As softly as I can, I peel off her arms from my neck and set them on her sides, covering her with the duvet later. I half-expect her to latch her arms around me again but, thank fuck, she doesn't... only for seconds later to clutch on the duvet like her life depends on it.

The door to my room opens and Chris pokes his head in.

"Hey, broth—holy shit, man, is that—"

Before he can say it any louder and make Bella wake up, I push him out of the room with myself, closing the door behind me.

And the fucker grins at me.

"What do you want?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

He copies the same posture and says, "Oh, I was just checking on you and what do I see? Iris Cooper in your room—the room where you don't allow most people only because you hate people."

I scowl. "Your point?"

"Man, just chills," Chris rolls his eyes. "I don't want to know your adventures with—"

"It is not like that," I say, interrupting him. "She is... my friend."

And Chris starts choking.

"Wha...what did you say?" Now, he is laughing—more like wheezing.

"Why the fuck are you laughing?" I ask, restraining myself to straddle the guy, but he keeps on laughing. "Get the fuck out of here."

I am about to enter my room but he stops me. "Sorry, but I needed to talk about Percy."