59 | JUST MELTS ON MY TONGUE

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Iris

"Come on, Iris." He pokes me. "Tell me, no?"

"Nope," I say, moving away from him.

"What's got you so Armstrong standing on the moon first time happy?" I give Adi a look at the comparison and he shrugs. "What? Are you not into space things and all?"

"Adi, give up."

Coincidentally, Mom and Ms. K dropped us off at school at the same time. After a small introduction between them, they hit it off soon—I am not kidding. They might be in Starbucks, right now, gossiping about Adi and me.

Since we are earlier than usual, today, we are sitting in the grassy area, near the parking lot. I am trying to complete my homework for AP Physics but can't because Adi keeps on asking me why am I so happy for thirty minutes and forty-three seconds now.

As if he doesn't know it.

"Hey, if you share your happiness, there will be one star at night—"

"It is Noah," I say, finally. "Okay? I am happy because the team won the match. And Noah's happy which makes me happy."

"I knew but I wanted you to tell me." He grins, shamelessly.

As I type in my laptop, I ask him, "And why is that?"

He nudges my shoulder. "Because you guys are cute and I like it!"

I laugh. But it is true; Adi really likes the fact Noah and I are together, finally. So much that he even made a presentation of the events that led to it for the 'future'—whatever that means in his dictionary.

Anyway, Noah isn't coming today—or for that matter, anyone from the soccer team. The team was so happy that they thought deserved another break from school. Apparently, Coach gave them permission which doesn't make sense because their attendance would for sure have been absent in it.

"Um, hi?"

Both of us look up and see a girl standing in front of Adi. She pushes back her specs on her nose, nervously, as she glances at Adi. I look behind her and notice her best friends looking at this scene.

Oh.

"You are Anna Stephen, the president of the coding club, right?"

Adi being himself, smiles, charmingly at her and makes her blush. She glances at her friends who give her thumbs up while I lean against the tree, excitedly.

Anna nods and finally says, "Yeah, yeah I am."

Adi grins. "I really liked your robot app idea—I have been trying to come up with some ideas for mine but most I forget after a good night's sleep."

"Yeah, that happens with me too." She laughs, tucking her hair behind her ear, and I can feel her nervousness slowly vanishing.

"So, tell me, Miss President, what can I do for you?"

"Um, actually, I needed some help with my code."

"Oh?" He straightens up. "Do you mind...?"

"No, I don't—but is it alright with you?" She asks, expecting that he is alright with it.

"Yeah, of course—it will help my coding skills too."

Anna smiles. "Then, we can meet up tomorrow at Ricky's?"