Chapter 44

Tae's pov:

I was startled awake by the sound of glass breaking.

I shot out of bed and ran out of my room

Tee was standing infront of the tv.

There were broken glass  pieces near his feet.

He had tears in his eyes.

"Tee?" I approached him.

He was staring at the tv.

I looked at the screen.

"They were experimented on, tortured and killed. Their motive was to create "stronger human beings". To treat their conditions which were incurable with the current medicine available. They were not given permission to carry out trials by any government or any hospitals as the risks were far too high. So they took matters into their own hands and conducted the trials illegally." 

The reporter's expressions changed into ones of horror. 

"Today we grieve for all the 79 innocent lives which were lost. They suffered a lot before finally succumbing to the pain." He paused and took a deep breath.

"We have started a thorough international investigation to find all the people who worked in that lab. I give you my word. We will make sure everyone who was involved in this, whether it be the officers who took the bribe and hid the real things they found in that lab from us or the minister and his colleagues, will pay dearly for their crimes. They are murderers who have taken innocent lives. And they will be sentenced as any other serial killer in the history of our country. There will be no differentiation based on their political standing or their power. Thank you for your time." He stepped down from the podium. 

Reporters immediately shot up and started shooting question after question. 

I was also frozen on the spot.

"Th-the students who were kidnapped.... M-Ming..." Tee looked at me.

Tears were streaming down his face.

I bit my lips and pulled him into my embrace.

I could feel tears forming in my eyes as well.

He clutched onto my shirt tightly and cried into my neck.

I clenched my eyes shut and tightened my arms around him.

Bass's pov:

Godt and i were hanging out in his room.

I was watching some anime while cuddling him and he was playing with his phone.

He's not really interested in anime but he stays with me anyway.

He suddenly stiffened.

I blinked and looked at him.

He was staring at the screen wide eyed.

I frowned and peeked at the screen as well.

It was an article.

I dropped the bowl of popcorn i was holding when i read the title.

The 80 missing university students whereabouts updated.

I quickly took the phone from him and clicked on the article.

We both read it eagerly.

My heart was pounding in my chest and i could feel his pounding again my back as well.