Chapter 6

Ming's pov:

Later that day, p'pha and i were watching a movie in the living room after lunch. Mom and dad were busy with some phone calls.

His phone suddenly started ringing. He looked at it and frowned before picking it up.

"Hello?.... Is there no other doctor available?...... Ok I'll be there in an hour...." He hung up and looked at me.

"Ming i have to go. They said it's an urgent case. I'll try to come back for dinner ok?" He said.

"Ok. Goodluck at work." I smiled.

He smiled warmly and patted my head before getting up and leaving.

The movie finished not too long after he left. I wasn't in the mood to watch any other movie so i turned off the tv.

I looked around wondering what to do.

Mom and dad were busy so i can't disturb them.

My phone suddenly rang.

It was a text from p'pha.

P'pha: If you get bored, go to the room next to mine. There will be story books and many other types of books you might find interesting. The key will be in the second drawer of the nightstand in my bedroom. Make sure to keep it back there when you're done.

I smiled.

Did he read my mind?

Me: Thank you p'. I was just wondering what to do.

P'pha: No problem. Just make sure to keep them back where you found them after you're done reading them.

Me: ok. I'll keep that in mind.

I got off the couch and went to his bedroom. After i had gotten the key, i went to the room next to it.

"Woah...." I mumbled when i got in.

I walked around reading the titles of the books

They were arranged neatly according to the genre and type.

After some looking around, i sat down on the couch with a few books which caught my eye.

I took one of them and started reading.

I immediately got immersed in the book and drowned out everything else around me.

Emmie's pov:

After making a lot of phone calls i finally got a lead and the search started.

I sat back in my chair and stretched my arms.

"you got any leads?" Ben asked.

"Yeah. I already told them to start searching." I said.

He nodded and kept his phone.