Chapter 25

Emmie's pov:

We are now sitting on the couch in the living room waiting for them to arrive.

Dan had called Ben saying that they wanted to hangout since it's been a long time since we've seen each other.

"They're playing dumb huh?" I hissed lowly.

Ben also looked furious. "Yeah. But let's play along for a while. We can get more evidence out of them that way."

I nodded.

Around 15 minutes later the doorbell rung.

I went and opened it.

"Emmie! It's been so long!" Ava squealed and wrapped her arms around me.

I wanted to slap her as hard as i could but i held back and smiled.

"Its been a while Dan, Ava." I said and led them inside.

"Hey Ben!" Dan went and hugged Ben.

"It's been a while Dan."He smiled and patted his back.

"Where's your son?" I asked.

They flinched for a split second but recovered quickly.

"Oh he's at home. He said he didn't want to come. You know he's at that age." Ava chuckled nervously.

I gritted my teeth.

"I heard you had a second son. What's his name? Ren was it?" Ben spoke up as we sat down.

"Y-yeah! He's at home with his nanny." They said.

"Nah Ava. I want to clear some doubt." I turned to her.

She looked at me.

"I find it kind of weird. I heard you declared Ren as your first and only son. But that's not true is it?" I asked sweetly.

They gulped visibly.

"W-well Ming doesn't really go with us to events so people just jumped to conclusions." Dan said after a while.

"Is that so?" Ben sat back.

I could tell his patience was wearing thin.

I wasn't any better.

"The last we remember Ming really loved my cooking and he would always want to come here and hang out. And now he didn't want to come?" I raised an eyebrow.

"W-we don't know what happened either. I guess he grew out of it." Ava chuckled nervously.

These two really didn't have this planned out huh?

Idiots.

"I suddenly remembered this one story i heard about this child. They're the same age as Ming." Ben spoke up.

They turned to him. They looked kind of relieved. They think we dropped the topic about Ming i guess.

But this is just the beginning.

"Their parents were really strict with them. They hired a tutor for them when they were a mere 5 year old. They made them study 24/7. They got angry if they did anything like drawing or playing during their free time." Ben sighed

They tensed.

"I really wonder how parents could have the heart to just take away their own child's childhood like that?" I added.

"Y-yeah. They must be heartless to do that to him. How could they just take away his childhood just for the sake of their reputation?" Ava replied.