Chapter 17

Pha's pov:

When we went into the amusement park, Ming was looking around wide eyed.

His eyes were shining and he looked really excited.

We smiled at his expression.

He looked like he wanted to run around and look at all the things, but he didn't let go of my hand.

We tried out many rides and games.

We were all really surprised when he won the biggest prize- A big stuffed Pikachu which was around his size- in the shooting game without missing a single shot.

"You have perfect aim...." The person running the game mumbled.

Ming scratched his head sheepishly.

"Here you are young man." He handed over the stuffed pikachu to him.

He took it and hugged it close.

"I should probably carry it. You might trip and fall." I offered.

He nodded and gave it to me.

We went to a nearby restaurant for lunch.

Ming said he wanted to go the washroom after he finished eating.

I offered to go with him but he assured me that it was going to be ok.

I followed him with my eyes until he went into the washroom.

He came back ten minutes later.

After we all finished eating, we went to a water park which was an hour's drive away from our house.

We stopped at a swimwear store and bought swimming suit for him. He said he knows how to swim so we didn't buy any floaties.

Mom and dad lounged at the pool side while i took him on the slides and rides.

The smile didn't leave his face even for a second.

By the time we finished playing, it was already 5 o'clock.

"We've booked two rooms for the night in the hotel. Let's go." Mom smiled.

Dad gave us a bag which had our clothes and a few change of clothes in it.

"When did you get these?" I asked.

"While you two were playing. We forgot to bring Ming's medicine so i grabbed some extra clothes while i was at it." He answered.

I nodded.

We went to the hotel right infront of the water park.

Our rooms were on the 15th floor.

Ming and i took a shower together after going to our room.

He's gained weight and looks more healthy now.

"Do you think I'll grow taller?" He asked after we came out.

"Why do you ask?" I looked at him.

"I'm 18 but i look like a 12 year old. Even the people at the water park didn't believe I'm 18 until i showed my ID." He pouted.

"Don't worry. I'm sure you'll start to grow as you get healthier and gain more weight." I ruffled his hair.

He nodded.

We went down to the lobby with mom and dad for dinner.

Mom gave him the medicine after eating.

Mom and dad went back to their room after dinner.

It was still only 8 so Ming and i decided to walk around a little.

Ming suddenly stopped when we were a bit far from the hotel.

I followed his gaze.

He was staring at two people at the bus stop.

A girl was sitting on the bench and a man was standing near her leaning on the pole.

"Ming?" I looked back at him.

"That guy..... He's a pickpocketer. He's going take that lady's purse." He said.

I blinked and looked back at them.

Her purse was on the bench next to her where he could reach easily.

The guy didn't look suspicious. He looked like he was just waiting for the bus.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Hm. I've seen a lot of pickpocketers while i was on the streets. They always stand next to their targets and act normal. They will make sure to stand in a way that they can reach their belonging and run easily. Look he's slowly trying to reach for it without her noticing." He pointed at them.

Just like he said the guy was slowly reaching for her purse while keeping his eye on the road.

"Hey!" I shouted.

Both of them flinched and looked at us.

I glared at the guy who clicked his tongue and walked away.

"It's you again!" The girl quickly took her purse and walked towards us.

She was looking at Ming.

"You met before?" I asked.

"Yeah. He saved me from getting robbed once before. I was walking on the street one time and he deliberately bumped into me and made me drop my stuff. He quietly warned me that the guy behind me was a thief without alerting him. So i was able to pretend to be on the phone with a cop and scare him away before he could do anything." She smiled.

I raised my eyebrows and looked at Ming.

"You saved me yet again. Thank you." She ruffled his hair.

He smiled sheepishly.

"Judging by your looks you finally got a home?" She looked him up and down.

He nodded and tugged at my hand.

She looked at me.

"This kid has really sharp instincts. You're one lucky guy. You won't have to worry about being robbed or anything. It's a pity i couldn't take him in. Sucks to be a broke college student."

I smiled.

"The bus is here." Ming pointed behind her.

"Oh gotta go then. Bye!" She waved before running to the bus and getting on.

"You're one surprise after the other huh?" I looked at him.

He scratched his head sheepishly.

He yawned sleepily.

"Ok let's head back." I lifted him up.

He snuggled closer and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'll miss being carried like this by p' when i grow bigger." He mumbled.

I smiled.

"Until then you can enjoy it." I answered.

He hummed and relaxed completely.

"P' thank you. For giving me a home." I heard him mumble again.

"It's always been your home. I just brought you back." I said softly.

He didn't say anything after that.

After a while i heard his soft snores indicating that he had fallen asleep.

After we got to our room, i slowly laid him down on the bed and took off his shoes and jacket.

I also took off my jacket and shoes.

I turned off the light and slipped in beside him under the duvet.

He immediately moved closer and wrapped his arms around me.

I hugged him close and closed my eyes.

I fell into a deep slumber not too long after.