Chapter 15

Ming's pov:

"First tell me about your life." He said.

"I grew up with really strict parents. They hired a tutor for me when i was 5 and i learned most of the things upto university level by the time i was 10. They would tell me to study all the time. They would get angry if i did something else during my free time like draw or play." I answered.

" You learned everything upto university level in 5 years before you reached 10 years old?" He blinked.

I nodded. "I pick up things pretty easily so it wasn't that hard to learn."

He nodded.

"Continue."

"I was able to play like a normal kid when we moved to p'pha's neighbourhood. I would play with him and his bestfriends." I smiled at the memory.

"But when i was 12, my parents left. They had some problems in the company and had to move to America. They said i would be adding to their already big problems so they left me at a park on the way to the airport."

He frowned but still kept quiet. He noted down something on the notepad infront of him.

"I heard that you have some kind of episodes when it rains. Can you tell me about it?" He asked.

"I don't know how to explain it. It's like I'm conscious and i can see and hear everything but i can't control my body. I'm trapped inside my own body. No matter how hard i try i can't regain control. I can only regain control when it stops raining." I explained.

He was writing on the notepad.

"When did these episodes start?" He asked.

"When i started getting raped by men." I said straightforwardly with a blank expression.

He visibly gulped.

"At first it didn't happen but later on i started shutting myself out. But even then my mind wouldn't let me forget those scenes. I would be forced to watch as they had their way with me over and over again. I couldn't do anything but to wait for it all to end."

"And that happened when it was raining?"

"Yes. It became a routine for them after a while. Whenever it rains they would come find me and have their way with me."

"Why didn't you try going to anyone for help? You could have reported them."

"I had no ID on me. I barely had any clothes. The few ones i had were torn. I hadn't showered in god knows how long. They wouldn't let me past the entrance even."

He frowned deeply.

"Then why didn't somewhere else? Not go to that park anymore."

I tilted my head.

"At first yeah i did go somewhere else. But then these episodes started. As i said i had no control over my body. It just goes back there each time."

"Why would your body take you back there where you're only going to get hurt?"

"I don't know. I guess it's because that way i could actually feel something. Living on the streets with no one to care for me, no one to talk to, i had grown numb. I stopped feeling anything at one point. I even started questioning if i was really alive. So maybe my body was seeking to feel something through that pain?"

"Have you had any negative thoughts during these episodes? Or after?"

"I started getting suicidal at one point. A voice in head kept repeating over and over again. Just kill yourself. But i was too much of a coward. I didn't even have the courage to cut myself. I even told those men that i wanted to die. They just laughed and continued what they were doing."