chapter 28

Pha's pov:

The next day when i woke up i was alone. 

I groggily sat up and looked around. 

The pillows were arranged comfortably around me. 

I looked at the time. 

6:30 am. 

I frowned. 

Where did he go so early in the morning? 

I got up and went outside. 

He was sitting beside the pool with his legs in the water. The onesie was rolled upto his knees.

I went back in and grabbed a small towel before going out again. 

"Ming?" I called him. 

He looked up at me surprised. 

"P' why did you wake up so early?" He asked. 

"I could ask you the same thing. Since when have you been here?" I sat beside him cross-legged. 

"Since before the sun rose...." He mumbled. 

I blinked profusely. 

"Did you have a nightmare?" I asked. 

He shook his head. 

"Then?" I tilted my head. 

"I don't know.... it's just... i feel as if i'm dreaming..." He stared into the water. 

I frowned. 

"When i think back to the last 6 years of my life and even the years i remember before that... and then think about my life now.... It just feels surreal.... I never thought i would be able to have this kind of happiness.... I think i had given up on that idea even before they abandoned me... And now i can't help but get nervous.... That maybe things are going to go wrong again... That this won't last for long..." He explained. 

I moved a bit so i was farther away from the pool and pulled him onto my lap. 

I started gently wiping his legs with the small towel. 

"Don't think about the things that have already happened. You can't change that. It's useless looking back. And as for the things that might happen in the future, stop worrying about that as well. Just take one day at a time. Don't worry about the things that haven't happened or might not even happen. The only thing that will come out of that is you just getting worried over nothing and your health getting worse. Nothing more." I pulled down his onesie so his legs are covered.

I put my hand on his chest.

A little slow...

He grabbed it gently.

"P' there's something you don't know." He spoke up after a while.

I blinked.

"What is it?"

"I actually have an older brother." He looked up at me.

I frowned.

"What?" I muttered.

"He's actually my half brother. From my dad's side." He added.

"Why did you never mention this before? And we never even saw him." I turned him so he was sitting sideways on my lap.

"Because i don't think he knows about me or even my dad." He said.

I tilted my head.

"I heard my parents arguing about it when i was 10. Apparently he had cheated on her with another woman before they had me. And that woman ran away to escape from my dad who was trying to get her to abort." He said.