Chapter 46

Next year:

Pha's pov:

I stretched my arms as i made my way to my office.

I had just finished a 6 hour surgery and I'm exhausted.

The relieved faces of the family members and the thought of having saved a life made it all worth it though.

I slumped onto the couch in my office and closed my eyes.

Today is Ming's 2nd week in the new university.

Yeah he wanted to go to a different university because he was afraid the students from his old one might recognise him and start questioning.

It took a while to console Tee and Bass though.

They were completely bummed out that he wouldn't be going to the same university as them anymore.

I chuckled remembering that day.

They were clinging onto Ming sulking for 3 hours straight.

Ming promised them that he'll still help them with their assignments and they can hang out during weekends and after classes.

Somehow he managed to console them but they still didn't look too happy.

They said going to university wasn't the same without him. And they got angry that he mentioned the studies part because it makes it look like they're only friends with him for the studies.

Ming had to apologise like 10 times before they finally caved in.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when i heard my phone ringing.

I went to desk and took it.

It was Ming.

A smile automatically formed on my face.

"Hey Ming." I picked it up.

"Hello p'. I'm at my lunch break. How did the surgery go?" He asked.

"It went well. No complications arose thankfully." I sat down on the couch.

"That's great. You just got back to your office right?"

"Yup."

"Check your bag p'."

I blinked.

"My bag?"

"Yup. Check it."

I went and took my bag which was on the other small couch near the one i was sitting on.

I raised my eyebrows when i saw a lunchbox in it.

"When did you prepare this?" I asked.

"Before you woke up. It's a vacuum sealed one so i think it should still be warm."

I smiled and took it out of my bag. There was a spoon and fork in a small bag near it as well.

"Thanks Ming. I was getting really hungry." I said keeping it on the small table infront of the couch.

"No problem p'. I knew you would be hungry after a long surgery. And you remember the scolding we got from mom when she found out we ate take out once." He sighed.

I shivered. "Yeah."

She lectured us for 2 hours about how she taught us to cook so we would make our own food and not eat take out.

Just then i heard the sound of a bell ringing in the background.

"Oh. Lunch break is over. I'll see you later p'." He spoke up.