Chapter 9

Ming's pov:

Flashback:

"Daddy look what i drew!" I ran towards my dad's study with a drawing in my hand.

"Mingkwan! How many times do i have to tell you not to disturb me while I'm working!?" He yelled the moment i went in.

I flinched back at his voice.

"I w-wanted to sh-show you m-my drawing..." I said softly.

"you barged in here while i'm in the middle of work for that?! Why don't you spend your time studying rather than doing this useless shit?!" He got up and stomped towards me.

He yanked the paper from my hand and ripped it to pieces.

Tears started streaming down my face.

He threw the torn pieces at me and pushed me out of the study.

"Go do something actually productive rather than doing useless shit like this!" He slammed the door shut.

I looked at the torn pieces of paper in my hands.

I slowly went back to my room and rearranged the torn pieces on the bed.

The world's best dad

I love you dad

And there was a drawing of a man in a suit under those words.

"I-I'm sorry... I'm s-sorry..." I sobbed.

Mom came into the room and looked at the drawing on the bed.

"How many times have i told you not to disturb him while he's working?" She sighed.

"B-but i j-just wan-wanted to sh-show this t-to him..." I looked at her.

"Mingkwan stop going against my words! I have told you not to disturb him so do what i say!" She yelled.

I flinched and looked down.

"Y-yes. I-i won't do it a-again." I said softly.

"Good. Now throw these away and do your homework. Your tutor told me you have some unfinished work." She took the pieces and threw them into the trashcan.

"I already finished everything." I said.

"Then study. Revise the things your tutor taught you and read the books. Don't ruin our reputation." She replied and went out of the room.

I stared at the door silently.

Why do they not love me like other parents? Am i not good enough?

Flashback end.

I woke up with a start. I immediately sat up and looked around. I realised i was alone in my room.

I brought my hand up to my face. I didn't realise i was crying.

I wanted to go and hug p'pha but i couldn't.

I don't want him to get angry.

I looked at the key in my hand.

It's ok. They're here. They won't leave you.

I took my phone and looked at the time.

4:00 am.

I was able to sleep more than last night.

I knew i wouldn't be able to go back to sleep so i decided to take a shower.

After coming out of the bathroom, i took the key and went to the reading room.

I made sure to be quiet so i don't wake anyone up.