Billie, Darling, You're My Best Friend

BILLIE'S POV

"Pretty please with a cherry on top." Y/N begs me batting those pretty long lashes of hers. I almost cave, giving her what she wants, but my disdain for what she's asking of me is a little bit stronger. "No, you know I hate parties. It's just a bunch of horny, sweaty people wasting their lives away on drugs and alcohol." I tell her flipping through the guide on my TV trying to find something interesting to watch.

I don't know why she wants to go to this thing anyway. It's not like we can't have just as much fun here. Y/N doesn't even know these people. She just heard the word party and now she wants to go. I have never understood that about her or any partygoer for that matter. Why go to a party when you can binge your favorite show and eat a shit ton of burritos?

"It also has people who don't want to spend another Saturday night wasting away in front of their television." she counters and blocks my view of the screen. I sit back and sigh knowing that at the end of this conversation I will be going to this party, willingly or not. "Why do I have to go?" I whine out not understanding why she's forcing me to do this with her. "Because you're my best friend and I love you and I am sick of seeing you holed up like a mouse every night. You need to get out, meet people, live!" she exclaims falling onto my lap making blush at the contact. Having her so close to me excites me in ways that it shouldn't seeing as how she is my best friend. "But I like being a mouse." I say trying to calm my racing heart.

She rolls her eyes before sitting up and staring at me with those gorgeous e/c eyes of hers. She then pokes out her bottom lip and looks up at me with the saddest most pleading eyes and says "Please, Bil, will you come with me? It would mean so much to me if you did." How could I say no to that face?

"Fine." I say finally giving into her demand. "Yay!" she squeals excitedly pulling me in closer to her. Her warm scent fills my nose and I press my face deeper in the crook of her neck with a sigh wishing she was mine. She pulls away from me and I frown at the loss of her touch. "I'll be back in an hour", she says heading for the door, "Thank you so much, Billie!"

I groan into my hands as I realize the full extent of what I've allowed her to talk me into, but I'd do anything to see her happy and the smile on her face when I told her I would go makes up for the misery I am headed into. Her hold on me is surreal. I would probably kill someone if she asked me to. I laugh bitterly to myself as I realize how deep my feelings for Y/N are. I really have dug my own grave.

Somewhere around an hour later there's a knock on my door and my mouth drops when I see Y/N on the other side. She curled her hair letting it hang loose at her sides and her makeup is very light, surprisingly, letting her natural beauty shine. This causes me to smile as I love her best when she doesn't cover up in all that makeup. The dress she is wearing isn't too revealing, but hugs her curves in a way that does something to my body and causes the temperature in the room to rise. "Wow," I say a little breathless "you look amazing." She smiles that perfect smile of hers up at me and I feel paralyzed by her beauty.

"Thank you, Billie! You look...you're wearing that!?"

"What?" I ask looking down at my outfit trying to figure out what's wrong with it. It's the same thing I was wearing earlier today, she didn't have a problem with it then.

"You didn't even change." she says back as if it's obvious.

"Yeah?"

She just rolls her eyes and shakes her head grabbing my arm and pulling me out the house. We get in the car and I can feel my anxiety rise the closer we get.

Y/N'S POV

I smile happily as we drive to the party. I'm so excited I was able to convince Billie to go to this party with me. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with her, I always have, but if we're being honest her social skills aren't the best. We've been in college for almost two years now and the closest she's gotten to making a new friend is the girl she was forced to tutor in Spanish last semester. I'm hoping that this party will help her come out of her shell a little and allow her to have an easier time talking to people.