Twenty Four

I finally managed to pull myself together and get out of bed. I went over and made sure Aurelia hadn't killed Tara and Tara and I had a long talk about what happened.

That was three days ago.

Today is Friday and Sebastian's final day of filming. They had spent a lot of late nights on set finishing up the last few shots for the movie and after today, he just has to go for a few checks on the sound and to view some footage.

Aurelia is excited for him to be home more, I, on the other hand, am less enthusiastic. Of course, I put on a brave face for Aurelia. She is now my only priority.

I had barely spoken to Sebastian. A "hello" in passing is about as far as our conversation has gone since our argument. Things with Alexia had seemed to quiet down. Sebastian had offered to let her visit with Aurelia once a week as long as he was present the entire time while he wasn't filming. When he is filming again, Alexia could see her every two weeks. Of course, Alexia hated the idea. She made a huge deal about how she "missed her child" while she was in Greece. I happened to be in the living room while Sebastian was on the phone with her. He told her that if she missed her so much to come over. Of course, Alexia made up some bullshit excuse to not see her.

Aurelia didn't seem to care to see her mother anyway. She had asked me who her daddy was talking to and when I told her who it was, she got upset. She said she didn't love her anymore and that I was the only mommy she needed. Which, f course, only made me upset given everything going on between her father and I.

I looked about as tired as Sebastian these days. I knew neither one of us was sleeping. I had stopped eating again. Tara called everyday to make sure I ate something or drank a protein shake. She was the best friend I could ever ask for. She did her best to take my mind off Sebastian, she was even going to take me out dancing tomorrow night. Not that I wanted to dance. My plan was to get absolutely wasted and pass out in my bed.

Sebastian seemed to be walking on eggshells when he was around, which drove me insane. I hated being treated like a bomb that was bound to go off at any point. I wasn't even mad anymore, just sad. I missed him. It physically hurt me to miss him like this. I was starting to become numb to the emotions I felt.

Aurelia had noticed something was off. Of course she did. How could she not notice that Sebastian and I no longer speak to each other?

I spent the days zoning out while playing tea party and dress up with her. Every day was just a blur and I went back to my apartment every night just to toss and turn in my bed. I miss having his arms around me, keeping me warm. I miss the smell of him and how his breathing sounded when he slept. I miss listening to the beat of his heart when I hugged him, or when we were laying in bed. I just miss him.

"Mimi?" Aurelia's voice broke me from my thoughts. I looked around and realized it was dark outside.

"Yeah?" I ask her, wondering when it became night time.

"I'm sleepy." She yawns and lays her head in my lap.

I look up at the clock and see it's her bedtime.

"Come on. Let's get you changed." I try to smile at her as I stand up and walk her into her room.

"Can I wear my Frozen pajamas?" She asks me.

"Sure." I say and dig through her drawer. When I find them, I slip them on her and she climbs into her bed. I pull her blankets around her as she hugs her teddy bear.

"Mimi?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you still love my daddy?" She asks me, completely throwing me off.