Chapter 8

Kaila POV

~hehehe~

"So...how is it? Living with Lilith I mean." Matt asks. We are sitting in my room, working on homework. Carla and Lilith are at their jobs.

Lilith has been living with me and Carla for about 2 months now. She got a job at Target, to buy things she wants and to help out with rent. Her nightmares have gotten better, she has them less than once a week now. It's hard not telling her how I feel, but...I'm glad that she is doing better. We are graduating in 5 months, we will probaly go our sepreate ways. I'd probaly go to the univerity here, Illinois Univerity. I asked her, Lilith, and she said she was applying to Boston, Dartmoth, and Michigan. I hope she gets in, and I honestly bet she will, she is so smart.

"It's great." I smile.

"You should tell her." He says.

"Tell her what." I ask.

"You like her."

"Whaaaat." I ask, acting like I don't know what he means."I don't like Lilith..."

"Yes you do, I can tell. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed," He replies,"But I can tell when my best friend since the Diaper Years is in love."

I sigh, he knows me better than anyone, and I him. "Yeah, I do love her. I just...don't know how to tell her."

"Just tell her. And if you dare say you are waiting for the 'right moment' don't bother. There is no right moment." Matt says.

"How should I tell her? When should I tell her?" I ask. I flop down on my bed. "God, why is it this hard to love someone?"

"Tell you what, when Lilith comes home, have her favorite dinner fixed, when she gets finished, say, 'Hey, Lilith, I've been meaning to tell you this for a while, but I really, really like you. I don't expect you to feel the same way, I just wanted to let you know how I feel.'

"How about, I wait for the Valentines Day dance?? Ask her then?" I ask.

"Sigh, I guess that could work. The dance is this Saterday, you have three days. By the way, can you help me find an outfit?" Matt says. He pulls out his phone and shows me three out fits. Each is close to the same, but one is red, one is black, and one is white.

"White one, definatly." I say, "It'll bring out your blue eyes. Want to see the dress I picked out?"

"Definatly." He says. I walk to my closet and pull out a red mermaid gown with short straps.

"Wow, that's beautiful." He says.

"Thank you," I smile. and put it back into the closest. "Lets finish our homework now." I clap.

~Lazy Time Skip~

"Finally done." I say and throw my pencil down on the floor and flop down onto my back.

"Finally." Matt sighs.

"Food?" I ask.

"Food." Matt says. We stand up and head to the kitchen.

"Edible Cookie dough?" I ask holding out a bowl of it.

"YES!" he says and we turn on the TV to watch Criminal Minds and sit on the couch. I hear the door open and I turn to see who it is.

"Hey Lilith." I say. Lilith has warmed up to me, Carla, and Matt.

"Hey guys," She says.

"If you are hungry, I warmed up some lasangea in the microwave not long ago." I say.