Chapter 12

Marco POV

Ever since Kaila was kicked out, things have been different at home. There's no more laughter. No more joy. No more going to games every Saturday and going out for ice cream after. Nothing enjoyable or happy anymore. Were not even allowed to bring up her name any more. Nothing.

"Marco, are you ready for school?" my mom shouts from where ever she was.

"Yes, Mom." I answer. "I'll be in the car."

I grab my bag and phone and hop in the back of my mom's Nissan. I get a call from an unknown number.

"Uh, hello?" I ask.

"Hi, this is Marco Flowers, right?" the lady asks.

"Yes, who is this?" I reply.

"I'm Carla Mikas, you don't remember me do you? It's been two years since I last saw you." She answers.

"Wait, your..." I look out the window to make sure my mom heading outside yet. I whisper,"Kaila's friend?"

"Yes, why are you whispering?" She asks.

"I'm not allowed to say her name or even talk about her. My father and mother call her a 'disgrace to the family'." I answer. "Why are you calling?"

"Kaila's was in a car crash and was in a coma for the last two weeks," She answers. "When she woke up, the first person she asked for was you."

"I'm 14, how am I going to be able to see her?" I ask.

"I'm in her hospitol room, how about I put you on speaker and let you talk to her from there?" She suggests.

"Sure, it has to be quick though, I don't know when my mom is going to get out of the house." I answer.

"Marco?" I hear a voice say, "It's Kaila, how have you been?"

"I've been okay, you were in a car crash?" I ask.

"That's what they've been saying, I don't remember." She says. "Enough about me, tell me about you, what's happen to you in the past two years?"

"Well, I'm playing soccer." I say. "and I'm making all A's in school."

"That's great." she says. I can tell she's smiling. "I'll see if I can go to one of your games one day, okay?"

"That'd be awesome." I answer. Mom opens the door, "I need to go, there is a game every Saterday until Augest at the park, I, uh, hope to see you there one day. Bye."

"Bye." She says and hangs up. I hope she does go to at least one.

"Who were you talking to?" My mom asks. She pulls out of the driveway and heads to school.

"Carl, he, uh, needed some, uh, last minutes help with homework." I lie smoothly.

"Okay. He needs to learn to do it himself though." She answers. Carl is always calling about homework, and Mom's always mad about it.

We sit in silence the rest of the drive home. When I get to homeroom, I head to Carl first thing.

"Dude, I got to talk to my sister." I exclaim.

"No way, are your parents finnaly not being total shit-head homophobes and somewhat being good people?" he asks.

I explain what happened to her, the crash and everything and how Carla reached out to me for her.

"Damn that crazy man. Is she okay?" He asks.

"She seemed alright on the phone." I answer. "I hope she is anyways."

"Alright, take your seat and lets get started." the teacher says, "Turn to page..."

Kaila POV

3 weeks later

"When can I get out of the hospitol?" I ask. I have been in the hospitol for 5 weeks and I've been awake for 3 of them. I call my brother when I can, which aparently is atleast 3 times a week, sometimes more, all depending on if his mom or dad is near him. Lilith hasn't been to visit. All my teammates have though, which is great. Coach apologizes at least once a week, I tell him that I should've been paying attition to the road. I got my neck cast off, but I still have the back brace, left arm cast and leg casts.

"Tomarrow actually." Carla answers, "And you should get your leg casts off in 4 weeks. Back brace in two, arm cast in 3."

"Will I be able to play soccer again?" I ask. "Or softball or archery or track or anything I play?"

"The doctors are hopeful, but you are going to have to take it slow." she answers.

I nod and go back to drawing. Carla says I've gotton pretty good in the last three weeks, but I don't know. I honestly just want to go home.

"It's 10:30, go to sleep." Carla says. I sigh.

"Okay." She goes on home, for the first time since I was in the hospitol. She says she'll be back in the morning, that she only went home to grab some clothes for both of us and to take a shower. And to sleep on a bed and get a good night sleep. In all honesty, I'm glad she is finally going home. I love her an all, but she has got to take care of herself.

"Hey." I hear a soft voice say. I look over, and there she is. Lilith.

"Hey." I whisper back.

"I'm so sorry." She whipsers. "I...I swear I didn't mean for any of this to happen. And I know I shouldn't love you, but I do. I love you, so, so much."

"It's okay." I whisper,"I love you to. So, so, much."

"You do?" She asks. She walks next to me. "Even after I yelled at you and told you to go away?"

"Well, the yelling thing wasn't very nice," I joke,"But yes, yes even after that. I still do love you. I've loved you the moment I saw you at practise one day."

She chuckles lightly. A beautiful noise. "I'm so, so sorry I hurt you. I swear I didn't want to, I just thought that if I loved you, you would get hurt. I really didn't want you to get hurt."

"Lilith, it's okay. I swear it's okay. No need to apologize. You didn't hold a gun up to my head and force me to get in a car." I lift up my right hand and place it on her cheek, "It is okay."

She leans into my hand. "Would it be okay if I kissed you?"

"I would like nothing better." She leaned down and pressed her lips onto mine. I kissed back and closed my eyes. I don't ever want this moment to end.