Chapter 20

Kaila POV

The detective walks the suspect out and I feel my anger boiling the moment that bastard walks in. The man who kidnapped me for 5 days when I was 7. My parents never called the cops then. Only reason I'm here is that I was able to excape when I crawled into the bucket he put down there and kicking him in the balls and booking it to the town. My parents just thought I was doing those 'running away' things I did back then. I never told anyone what happened. I never thought my past would be a dick head and kick me in the ass.

I march up to him and ball my hand up into a fist and punch him square in the nose. I feel his bone crack the moment my fist connect to his nose. Instead of wincing, he smiles.

"Nice to meet you again, Kaila." he smiles.

"I don't know your name," I snarl, "But I hope that when you get to prison, you die from people beating you to death. A slow, and painful death."

He just keeps smiling as the detective walks him to his cell.

Officer Rodringo looks at me, "You've met him before?"

"He kidnapped me when I was seven. 'Parents'  thought I just went on one of my trips I never told them about. Only reason I escaped was because I managed to get away the water bucket and climbed out of the pit. I also managed to kick him in the no-no square and book it."

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" He sighs.

"I didn't think anyone would believe me." I roll my eyes. "Anyway, I now know where Lilith and Marley are. You're either gonna need a tall latter, or some rope. Maybe both."

I write down the address then a squad of police car race down to the abandoned barn of my nightmares.

~A lil while later~

"ARE YOU GUYS ALRIGHT!" Officer Rodringo shouts down there.

"YEAH!" Lilith shouts up, "JUST VERY HUNGREY AND TIRED!"

A rope latter is thrown down and with Marely on her back, Lilith climbs up. Once she gets to the top, they pull them in. Once she is safe, I run and pull her into a hug. I could feel the tears streaming down our faces.

"I missed you so much." I whisper.

"I missed you to." She whispers back.

"I love you so, so much." I sob. "Don't you ever walk home alone again, got that?"

"I promise."

"Good. Ready to go home now?" I ask.

"I'm already home." She whisperes. "You are my home, Kaila."

"You're my home to, Lilith."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"That's not possible,"

"How about we love each other equally as much?"

I chuckle for the first time in forever, "Deal."

Officer Rodringo comes over and drops us off at the apartment. Lilith takes a shower while I fix her favorite meal and wait for Carla to come back with the truck.

Lilith walks in wearing my hoodie, which looks like a dress now considering how much smaller she got. and a pair of gym shorts. I walk over and give her a huge hug.

"I love you." I tell her.

She hugs back, " I love you to."

"You hungry?"

"Starving."

I smile and she goes to sit on the couch and I place her plate infront on her and sit down with mine. I kiss her cheek and grab the remote. About 15 minutes in to the movie, the door opens.

"Welcome back Carla." I greet.

"Hey Kaila. Mail just got in." She replies and sets down a stack of mail. I grab it and hand the remote to Lilith.

"Bill, bill, bill, letter for Lilith," I hand Lilith her letter without looking at it, "bill, bill, letter for Carla, bill, letter for me, letter for Carla, another one for Carla, one for Lilith, one for me, bill, and one for Lilith. Damn, where y'all getting letters from?"

"Mine are from the three colleges I applied for." Lilith answers.

"One from college I applied to, one from a buddy from prison, and one from the gang leader." Carla answers.

"Thought you were leader?" I ask.

"I stepped down to co-leader when I got released." She rolls her eyes. "Where's your letter from?"

"College I applied for." I reply opening it. "And I got in. Columbia University here I come."

"Congrats!"

"Thanks, you get in?"

She opens the envelope, "YUS!! I GOT INTO PHONIX UNIVERISTY!!"

"YUS! Lilith? What about you?"

"I got into Boston, Stanford University, and UT Martin." Lilith smiles.

I give her a hug. "Congratulations."

"We're not going to throw a party, right?" Lilith asks.

"Of course not. Were going to colledge! We need to be able to survive." Carla laughs.

I smile and try not to let my disappointment show. Carla may stay here or go to live with me, she's going to be doing her school on computer. But Lilith? I don't know if I'll get to see her for a while. Not that I'm going to tell her that or anything.

"Well, we can have a small celebration with just the three of us. I mean, Lilith is alive and finally back home. We all got into colleges. What's not to be happy about?" I reply.

"The fact that we with be going separate ways." Lilith replies.

I go over and give her a hug, "Then we better make the most of the days till we leave." I kiss her forehead. "So lets be happy till that day, okay?"

She smiles, "Okay."

"Alright, let the Marvel Marathon commence!" Carla smiles and turns on the TV to start the movie.