Chapter 9

The picture above is the dress that Kaila will wear to the Valentines dance.

Kaila POV

Today is the day. I'm finnaly going to tell Lilith that I like her. I told Matt that I was going to do it today and where I'm going to do it.

Me and Lilith are walking talking and I see that Matt is watching, he knows that this was where I said I'm going to ask her. I breathe a deep breath.

"Lilith...I've been constantly putting this off..." I start. "And I really, really like you and I was wondering if-"

"No, get away from me." She says I stand up in shock. "I'm not going to go through this. Your going to say you love me then you will leave me." She stands up.

"No, I would never-" I start.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!" She shouts. "GO AWAY!!"

I walk in the direction of Matt. I walk past him, trying my best not to cry. Matt grabs my shoulder.

"Kai...I'm so sorry." He says.

"Ya know, thats the hard thing about liking someone of the same gender. There is a 90 percent chance, they wont feel the same." I say, giving a small, sad chuckle. I give a small, sad smile and walk away, trying to fight through the tears. I willl stay strong. I won't cry, I won't cry, I won't cry.

"Kai..."

"No, it's fine. I just... need to...be alone for a while, okay?" I say. "Also...would it be okay if I stay with you a while?"

"Yeah, I just need to ask my parents first. I'm sure they will, they love you, I just need to ask them first."

"Great," I give him a sad smile, "just don't tell Carla."

"We never tell Momma Carla. " He said understandingly.

I walk off, depreastly trying not to cry. I hop in my truck and drive off. I have no destination in mind, I'm just driving. After a little while, I just break down. Balling my eyes out. I wouldn't be crying if she said that she just wanted to be friends or that she's sorry but she is straight. Did she have to yell at me though?

I got a call from my coach. Right, practise is right now,shit. I answer it.

"Where are you!" He shouts in the phone.

"I-I'm sorry coach." I say, trying to stop crying.

"Wait, are you crying?" He askes.

"No, no." I say. Then I sob,"Yeah."

"What's wrong?" He asked. I stop at a stop sign. I look both ways and I start to pull forward.

"Something happen-" A car slams into the driver's side and every things go black.

Carla's POV

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S IN THE HOSPITOL?!?!" I shout at the nurse lady calling me.

"She was in a car crash, you're listed as her emergency contact. Aren't you her parent?" She askes

"I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE FEELINGLESS BITCHES THAT DISOWNED HER!!" I shouted at her. "WHAT HOSPITOL IS SHE AT??"

"Three Bridges, miss. Please stop shouting and watch your language. Is there and adult I can talk to?"

My goodness she is pissing me off. That bitch better be worried that I'm not afraid to go back to jail...

I hang up, not bothering to answer her question. I called Marcy.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Kaila is in Three Bridges Hospitol. I know you are not her mom, but we're going to need for you to be her legal guardian. Also, you the only person that she is close to that she see's as a mother figure. Can you pick me up to go see her?" I ramble.

"Of course. Me and Andrew will be there in 10 minutes." She says and hangs up. I go call Matt.

"KAILA'S IN THE HOSPITOL!" We both shouted at eachother at the exact same time.

"ARE YOU WITH HER?!" I shout at him.

"NO THEY ONLY LET IN FAMILY, BUT OCCORDING TO THE DOCTOR, WE MAY BE ALOUD TO SEE HER AFTER SURGERY!" he shouts. "Can we stop shouting? When will you be here?"

"Once Mrs. Marcy and her husband pick me up in about 2 minutes." I reply and hang up. Andrew pulls up and I hop in the back seat and we speed off towards the hospitol.

~_~At the hospitol~_~

I run up to the reseptionist, ignoring Matt.

"WHERE IS KAILA?!" I shout at her.

"What's her last name?" She askes. Wait...isn't she the lady I yelled at on the phone?

"It's Kaila Flowers." I answer.

"Wait...aren't you the rude girl that shouted at me on the phone?" She asks.

"Yeah, what's it to you?"

"I don't feel obligated to give you this information." She says smugly.

I leap over the table and grab her and shove her up against the wall.

"Listen bitch, I don't know your name, but I can tell I do not like you, but if you do not tell me where Kaila Flowers is, I swear I will beat the absolute hell out of you so hard that you will wish your great-great-grandparents were never born. I've been to jail before, I'm not afraid to go back." I growl at her.

"R-r-ro-room 3-3-348 on the fa-5th floor." she says shakly.

"Thank you." I smile and set her down and walk over to where Matt, Marcy, and Andrew were waiting, looking terrified.

"She's in room 348 on the 5th floor." I say and walk over to the elevator. "You guys coming?"

They rush over and I press the 5 button and the elevator shuts. My phone rings.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey, it's Lilith, is Kaila with you? She's not answering her phone and I really need to talk to her." She says, sounding distrested.

"She was in a car crash," I answer, "She's in the hospitol. What do you need to talk to about?"

"Oh no..." She says, "Oh no. Oh god no no no no no no."

I narrow my eyes, "What did you do?"

"I-i may have done something very stupid." She says and hangs up.

"Matt, your best friends with Kaila right? What did she do with Lilith today?" I ask.

"She told me not to tell you..." He shuffles his feet. "But, I guess I should tell you."

"Tell me what?" I demand.