Chapter 5

In the morning, my annoying alarm clock goes off. I wake up, and see that I'm closer to Lilith than I was last night. A lot closer. My arm is under her head and my body is pressed against hers. It looks like sometime last night...we started spooning.

Lilith starts to stir and I don't move a muscle.'Don't move don't move don't move' I think. I have to stay still.

She groans and starts to get up. I close my eyes and pretend I'm sleeping. 'don't move don't move don't move'

"Wha-" I hear her whisper. I hear her move."Oh crap."She whispers."Dont move,Lilith, you might wake her up..." she mutters under her breath.

'heh, im already awake'

We lay there akwardly, not moving except for when we breath. I decide to pretend like I'm stirring.

"humm. Wha..."

Neither of us move.

"...I feel like one of us should say something... but I don't know what." I whisper in her ear.

"this is super akward."

"okay. I'm going to move my arm then slowly move away. okay?"

She nods and I do what I said I'd do. Then she slowly gets up. I head to my dresser, not saying a word. I pull out two outfits. A crop top, jeans, and a plaid jacket for me, a t-shirt and jeans for Lilith. I hand her the clothes I got out for her then say,"I'm going to the bathroom."

She nods and I head to the bathroom to take a shower and get changed. Once the water heats up I un-dress and hop on in. I sit down on the botton, letting the warm water wash over me. I sit like that for the next thirty minutes. Someone knocks on the door.

"Get cho ass out, K." Carla shouts.

"Groan. I gotta get dressed still. Come back in 15 minutes."

"Fine."

I turn off the shower and get dried off and dressed. I brush my teeth, brush and do my hair, and head out.

"Bathrooms free, Carla. I'm going to go fix breakfast." I say when I pass by Carla. We have 30 minutes till we have to head to school.

"You gonna see what the others want? They NEED TO WAKE THEIR ASSES UP ANYWAY!!" She shouts.

"Lilith is already awake." I say."And no, I ain't asking them what they want. They getting what the getting.

She rolls her eyes and I head to the kitchen. I look around the cabnits and refriderator and take a mental note to stop by Walmart after work.

I end up making grits, toast and bacon in 15 minutes, leaving Matt and Micah 15 minutes to eat and get ready. Lilith walks into the kitchen.

I hand her a plate,"Get what you want, be careful though, it's still hot."

She nods and grab what she want. I head out of the kitchen to go wake up Matt and Micah. I get to Micahs room first.

I bang on the door and open it,"Micah, GET UP WE GOT 13 MINUTES TILL WE HAVE TO LEAVE!!"

Micah groans and stands up."Fine fine fine. Whats that smell doe, it a good smell."

"I made breakfast dip wad. Hurry up or you ain't gettin any."

I head to Matts room. I knock and slowly open the door. "Matt. Get up." I wisper. I slowly move closer. I get right next to him."MATT GET CHO ASS UP WE GOT 12 MINUTES TILL WE GOT SCHOOL!!"

Matt jolts up and yelps. "WHAT THE HELL KAI!! YOU INSANE OR SUMTHIN?!?!?"

"Nope, just love scarein the shit out of ya." I reply."I did make breakfast though, and we do only got 12 minutes."

"Fine." He gets up and I leave him to get ready. I head to the kitchen and see Micah stuffing his face.

"Hey Kai." He smiles.

"We got 10 minutes, hurry up."

Carla walks in and fills up her plate. A few minutes later, Matt walks in and eats.

"We have 5 minutes, better eat quick. I'm going to head to my truck and get it started. If your riding with me, be there in 5 minutes." I say.

They nod and I head to my truck. I start it and sit there and read The Fault in our Stars. I've already read it, but I love re-reading it.

Suddenly, there is a knock on the car door. I look up and see Lilith waiting there. I unlock the door and see sits down in the passenger seat.

"The others coming?" I ask.

"No, they said that they are riding in Matts car. Carla might, said that she would if she finishes in time." she replies.

"Ok, she has..." I look at the clock. "3 minutes till we have to leave."

We sit in silence for a while. Neither of us really knowing what to say.

"Uh...do ethier of us want to talk about this morning?" I ask.

"....I don't know."

"Should we talk about this morning?"

"....I don't know."

"Should I stop talking and making this awkward?"

"yeah."

We go back to sitting in silence. 3 minutes pass and Carla hurries out of the front lobby and hops in the back seat.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Yep."

I pull out of the parking lot and head to the school. Its silent the whole way there. I guess we're all to tired to speak. When we finally get to the school, we each head our own ways to our lockers. I get to my locker and I grab the crap I need for 1st period math.

'God I don't want to go to math...' I think.

Time skip to lunch

"Whats for lunch today?" I ask Carla when I catch up to her in the hallway.

"Pot pie." She replies.

"My favorite." I say.

"I have to head to History. See you in English?"

"Yes ma'am."
-----------------------------------