Chapter 3

I sleep for nearly 10 hours when Carla wakes me up so I can get to work at a diner at 8:30.

"So, what ya dream about? Seemed like a great dream." Carla asks while I'm getting ready for work.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for work? Oh wait, you don't work today." I reply back.

"Fine, fine." She backs up."Keep your secrets."

I laugh and finish putting on my uniform. I toss a pair of gym shorts, crop top, tennis shoes, and a plaid jacket in to a bag to change into after work.

"Alright, I'm heading out. See you at 8." I say when I leave,"Please do something useful before I get back."

"Okay!" She shouts when I leave.

'she doesn't remember my birthday...' I think sadly.

I shake it off and head to my truck. 'no matter, she probly has a lot on her mind, whatever that would be.'

I walk in 5 minutes before opening greet Marcy before I grab my apron and notepad.

"So, you find someone you like yet?" Marcy asks, wiggling her eyebrows. For a 40 year old lady, she sure is like a teenager.

"Maybe, I'm not quiet sure yet. I barely know them." I reply. She rolls her eyes and heads to the bathroom.

"Happy Birthday by the way."

"Thanks." I smile, glad that she remembered my birthday.

I get started setting up the tables. After I get done, I get started wiping wiping down the bar right at opening time. Just as I'm about to get done, I hear the door dingle bell ring. I look over to see how many peole are there and I see that it is Micah and Lilith. I gasp and shrink behind the bar. I take a deep breath.

'You got this Kaila. Pretend you're calm and collected.' I take another deep breath, grab two menus and two waters and head to where they are seated.

"Welcome to Granny's Diner. My name is Kaila and I'll be serving you today. This morning's special is pancakes, bacon, eggs and biscuts with the drink and one side of your choice." I recite as I head to their table.

"Kaila?" Micah says,"You work here?"

"Yep, every Sunday-Monday."

"Huh."

I see that Lilith is still looking at the menu.

"See anything you like Lilith?" I ask.

"O-oh, Ill take the special with grits and apple juice please." She says startled.

I write that on my note pad."And you Micah?"

"The special with hasbrowns and orange juice please." Micah says. I write it down.

"Alright, I'll be back with your orders." I say with a smile.

"Please, Kaila, ya don't need to put on that fake ass act." Micah says laughing."Act like your self please."

"Fine asshole." I laugh back."Just dont tell my boss, got it."

"Yes ma'am!" He says with a salute.

Laughing I head to kitchen and set the ticket with there order where the cook can see there order and make it.

After three minutes, he calls me and hands me there drinks.

"Food will be out in about 25 minutes." Dayton, the cook, says.

"Thanks Dayton, if they need refills, I'll get them." I reply

"Obviously." He says with a chuckle.