Chapter Two

The game starts, and I'm starting off. The ref places the ball down and blows the whistle, starting the game. 4th quarter, 30 seconds and the game is all tied up.

The ref blows the whistle and we run at the ball. The player in front of me is fast, but I'm faster. I take the ball and run it across the feild, toward the goal. Someone cuts in front of me but I swerve. 15 seconds. I'm almost at the goal and the goaly gets infront of me. 10 seconds. I kick the ball, away from the goaly. 5 seconds. The crowd roars. I make it in the net.

The team runs toward me and we get into a group hug.

"KAILA KAILA KAILA KAILA KAILA" The team cheers. I have a stupid grin on my face. Were in the play offs.

"I got some icecream to celebrate, anyone want some?" Coach asks. Everyone cheers and we head into the feild house.

After we celebrate, I head to my truck, the left over tub of mint-chip in my head when I see a girl. Lilith? I believe that Micah told me that was her name. She is walking to the sidewalk, head down. She looks like she is shivering. It is November, why is she walking by herself?

"HEY!" I call out. She turns to me,"Lilith right?" She nods,"Need a ride home?"

She wispers something, I dont quite know.

"Why dont you hop in, I'll give you a ride home."

She walks over and I open the door, leaning over. She climbs in and shuts the door, buckling up.

"You may not know me, but I'm K-" I start.

"Kaila, I know. Everyone knows you." She says in barely a whisper."Question is, how do you know me."

"I saw you at practice the other day. You were in the stands waiting for Micah to give you a ride home." I explain."I saw you and asked Micah if he knew who you were."

I start the truck and head onto the road.

"So," I start,"Where do you live?"

"I'll direct you there." She says."Turn left."

I turn left and continue down. The road is quite long. I see a drive through and pull in.

"What are you doing?" She asks. (A/N everything she says is very quite)

"Grabing a Dr.Pepper. Want a drink?" I ask.

"...a water will be fine." She says.

I get our drinks and continue down the road. After a while, I see a house. It's two stories tall and has a 1400's look to it.

"Thats the place." she says. "You can stop here." I drive up to the door and stop the car.

"Thanks for the ride." She whispers very softly.

"Thank you for being a passenger." I reply. Once she gets into her house, I drive off home. I'm nearly half way to my apartment when my roomate,Clara, calls.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?!" She yells,"THE GAME ENDED 2 HOURS AGO!!"

"Sorry Clara, I was driving someone home. I'm nearly half way to the apartment, I'll be there in 25 minutes. BTW, you did good in the game." I say.

"Don't try to flatter me. I'm still angry you didn't at least text to tell me whats going on."

"I know, I know moma bear. I swear to text or call next time, okay?"

I hear her shuffle her feet."Fine. Just, stop by and get me a burger before you get home. A sweet tea too."

I smile, "Okay. You did do good today though," I say pulling in a drive through."You want fries too?"

"Are you at McDonalds?"

"Yep."

"Then yes please. We need to stop ordering fast food, don't we."

"If we want to pay rent in two weeks, then yes."

"Need to steal more food from the cafeteria?"

"Yep."

"Being lone high schoolers sucks."

"Has it's perks though."

"True, true."

"I'll ask for a promotion at work, okay.'

"Okay."

I hang up and order our food and head to the apartment.

"Carla, I got the food!!"

"HELL YEAH!!" She shouts and runs and grabs the McDonalds bag.

"Hey, no cursing." I scold. She sets the bag on the table and grabs two paper plates rapped in plastic suran rap.

"Fine." She pulls out the burgers and fries and sets them on the plates. I set the drinks down and grab the ketchup from the fridge.

We eat and then head to bed. When I get to sleep, I dream about riding on worn down country roads with Lilith. I sleep with a stupid grin on my face.

----------------------------------------

Sooooooooooo, better? I know I rush, but I swear it's just couse I sometimes get lazy when writing. I'll try not to, ok?