Electric Showdown

A/N: I re-edited the chapter before this one when Ember's Pokémon egg hatched. I also put it that Alain's Pokémon egg hatched as well. So make sure to reread it if you can.

=================================

After spending two weeks of traveling and training, the gang have finally arrived in Vermilion City where Ember will get her next badge.

Ember looked up at the sign in front of them that read: Vermilion City

"We're finally here!" Mairin cheered, raised her arms in happiness.

"After two whole weeks of traveling, we have finally made it." Cilan added.

During those two weeks, Ember had trained with her Pokémon and two of them had evolved. Her male shiny Eevee into an Umbreon which she named 'Mani', her other female Eevee into an Espeon who she named 'Sonika', and Cilan's Sandshrew evolved into Sandslash.

Right now they've finally arrived in Vermilion City.

==================================

After handing their Pokémon to Nurse Joy, the gang was at the cafeteria eating some lunch.

"So what Pokémon are you going to use, Ember?" Cilan asked.

"From what I've read, Lt. Surge uses Electric type Pokémon. So I was thinking on using Tesla." Ember replied.

"HELP! Please help!"

The gang turned to the shout and saw a young boy running into the Pokémon Center. Curious to find out what happened, they decided to take a look. They spotted the young boy carrying an injured Ratatta in his arms.

"Nurse Joy, my Ratatta needs help!" He shouted.

Nurse Joy rushed over and gasped, "Oh no, not another one," She turned to Chansey, "Chansey, bring the stretcher immediately."

"Chansey! (On it!)" Chansey rushed over with the stretcher and pushed it towards the trainer who immediately placed his injured Ratatta on it.

Chansey immediately rushed Ratatta into the emergency room.

"This is the fifteenth Pokémon this month," Nurse Joy sighed, "and they're all from the Vermilion Gym." She immediately ran to the emergency room.

The gang was shocked at this.

"What?" Mairin gasped.

"Fifteen Pokémon defeated, already." Alain stated, shocked.

"Just this month." Zoey said.

"I wonder how many Pokémon have gotten critically injured from Lt. Surge's Pokémon." Cilan questioned.

==================================

The gang gazed at the other injured Pokémon that got damaged from battling at the Vermilion Gym; a Caterpie, an Oddish, a Sandshrew, a Pidgey, and the most recent Ratatta.

Ember looked at all of the trainers with their injured Pokémon with pity. She couldn't understand why Lt. Surge had to be some brutal to all these Pokémon. She knew that you didn't need to so badly hurt the opponent's weaker Pokémon if you were experienced and knew your Pokémon well, two things a gym leader of all things should be. Ember did not like how this Lt. Surge was so readily destroying his weaker opponents, especially considering most of them are so young and inexperienced.

"We should ask the trainers who battled Lt. Surge. They could tell us what Pokémon he used." Ember suggested.

The others agreed.