Psychic vs. Ghost

The gang had spent a peaceful day at the beach. Luckily, they hadn't come across Cassidy and Butch there. So it was very relaxing for the gang. Ember also decided to do some training. Jasper (Gengar) was excited to do his first gym battle that she almost had a hard time calming him down.

At the end of the day, they finished training for the Saffron Gym. The gang rested at the Pokémon Center. The next day, they headed out to Saffron City.

====================================

A few days later, the gang had arrived in Saffron City where Ember's next gym battle is. Luckily, they hadn't come across Cassidy and Butch. They were also lucky that they haven't come across Sabrina's doll, which creeped Ember out. So they went to the Pokémon to rest and decided to go to the gym in the morning.

====================================

"Here it is. The Saffron Gym." Cilan said.

The gang had now arrived at the said gym.

"Aren't you a little bit nervous? You've heard what they've said about Sabrina?" Zoey asked, worried.

Ember remembered all of the scary rumors about Sabrina. But she knew that Sabrina wasn't very dangerous. She just somehow knew that she wasn't.

"I have to admit that I am. But that's not going to stop me." Ember admitted.

"Then let's go in." Alain decided.

The gang went inside. They noticed that it was empty.

"Hello? Anyone here?" Ember called out.  

"Strange." Cilan commented.

They walked along the hallways, hoping to find someone. Inside, the gang saw a lot of people at tables. Some people were staring at spoons, as if they were trying to bend them. And the rest were trying to guess what shape was on cards, without looking.

"What are they all doing?" Mairin asked.

"Hey! What are you kids doing here?" said a voice.

They turned to the voice and saw that it was a man in a white lab coat.

"Sorry if we disturbed you, but I'm here to challenge Sabrina for the Marsh Badge." Ember said.

The man observed Ember for a little while, "So I see."

"Excuse me but can you tell us what they're doing with those spoons?" Mairin asked, curious.

The man didn't answer instead he held up a spoon and began bending it without touching it just like the others in the room.

"Hang on a minute," Ember remembered what those people were doing, "You're a psychic. Then that must mean that everyone here is psychic."

The others looked at her in confusion, but the man smiled, "You catch on pretty quickly for a non-psychic. Indeed, what I just demonstrated to you was my use of telekinesis. It allowed me to bend the spoon with the use of my mind and nothing more."

"Wow." Mairin, Cilan and Zoey said, awed.

The man brought out a spoon showing it to the gang, "Why don't you non psychic try it? You may not be able to bend it, but it will at least provide some entertainment."

Ember's brow arched, "Is this how you treat any trainer who's brave enough to come here?"

The man shrugged and put the spoon away in his pocket, "We hardly get any trainers here."

"I figured," Ember muttered, "So can I have a gym battle with Sabrina or not?"

"Very well. Follow me." The man said and led them to where Ember's gym battle with Sabrina would be. The battlefield looked like an underground temple.