The Stray Torchic

The gang were still on the road to Vermilion City which proved to be somewhat difficult. At the moment, they were resting near a stomp. During their break, Alain decided to help Ember with Gail's (Pidgeotto) training. Halfway through training, Gail finally evolved into a Pidgeot which made Ember and Gail very happy.

Rotom floated over to Gail and scanned her, "Pidgeot, the Bird Pokémon. The evolved form of Pidgeotto. It can fly at twice the speed of sound at an altitude of nearly one mile."

"Well done, Gail." Ember petted Gail on the head.

"Pidgeot. (Thank you, Ember.)" Gail smiled.

Ember handed her an Oran berry which Gail enjoyed.

"Hey Rotom, are there any Pokémon Centers nearby?" Mairin asked Rotom.

"Give me a moment." Rotom hummed for a few seconds, "Yes, there is one along Route 24. If we followed that route, we'll reach Vermilion City." He informed.

"Alright! Let's get going!" Mairin cheered.

The other silently chuckled at that. So, Ember returned Gail to her Pokéball, and the gang headed out.

===================================

The gang were walking along the road when they came across something. It was a lone Torchic sitting on a boulder.

"A Shiny Torchic? What's one doing here in Kanto?" Alain asked.

"Torchic?" Ember pondered.

Rotom scanned the Fire type Pokémon, "Torchic, the Chick Pokémon. Torchic sticks with its Trainer, following behind with unsteady steps. This Pokémon breathes fire of over 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit, including fireballs that leave the foe scorched black. Note: This different coloration indicates that this Pokémon is a shiny Pokémon."

"That Torchic has a few scratches. Maybe we should take it to a Pokémon Center." Alain suggested.

"Good idea." Ember walked over to Torchic, "Hello, Torchic." She greeted.

Torchic looked up at Ember, "Torchic? (Who are you?)" He asked.

"My name's Ember. What are you doing here?" Ember asked.

"Torch torchic torchic. (Waiting for my trainer to come back.)" Torchic replied.

"Waiting for your trainer? How long have you been here?" Ember questioned.

"Torchic. (Almost two days.)" Torchic answered.

Ember gawked at that, "Two days?!"

"What did Torchic say?" Rotom asked.

"Torchic said that he's waiting for his trainer for the past two days." Ember replied.

"Two days?!" The others gasped.

Ember nodded, "Yes."

She gazed at Torchic with concern. Like in her other life, she didn't want to leave Charmander by herself after seeing her all alone with injuries. But now there's an abandoned Torchic who has a few scratches. She won't leave little Torchic behind.

"Torchic, can we take you to the Pokémon Center for your injuries? Once you're better, we'll bring you back here. Deal?" Ember offered.

Torchic stared at Ember and then sighed, "Torch. (Okay.)" He accepted.

Ember gently picked up Torchic and placed him in her arms, "Well let's get going."

===================================